Software Tester / QA
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: South Africa only
We’re on a mission to help people navigate their way to financial freedom one step at a time.
Indie looks, feels and works like a startup, but has the backing and expertise of a leading South African insurance and investment giant - Sanlam. The Indie team is full of creative, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don’t take themselves too seriously. We’re building a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to find purpose in their work. If that sounds like you, we might be just the right fit.
Our products are growing in complexity and the role of our QA team is becoming critical to our success.
- Working closely with our QA lead to design, maintain, and execute test cases
- Define and communicate corrective actions for failed tests
- Review system and feature requirements and apply best testing best practices
- Participate in functional and technical design sessions to ensure QA is part of the design considerations
- Document and report on testing activities
- Interact with the product, actuarial and operations team to resolve issues that arise during planning, testing and other product phases.
- Test planning and test progress reporting (including the management of all errors during the testing phase).
- Analysis and resolution of staging and production systems and values errors
- Assist with testing automation across multiple platforms
- Assist with financial impact testing of our underwriting and policy administration systems
If you love working in an environment where you’re given a lot of responsibility and freedom you’ll love Indie.
- Minimum 3-5 years QA and software testing experience
- ISTQB Certified (minimum Foundation level) or similar
- Experience in web and mobile testing
- Experience with test automation frameworks desirable
- Experience with our underlying technology stack would be an advantage (Node.js & React.js)
- A fast learner, with a passion for keeping track of the details that matter
- A creative problem solver
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with using test management or bug management tools
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: South Africa only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈