Software Test Engineer, Integrations
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join the QA Integrations Team at ThreatConnect. Do you want to help create a product that assists major companies all over the world protect themselves from growing cyber threats all while working from wherever you want? Then keep reading!
Job descriptions are by nature extremely specific. While it may seem like we’re looking for a very specific candidate, we encourage you to apply if you are passionate about software quality, enjoy process improvement and would like to make the world a better place one application at a time.
The ThreatConnect® Platform was built to be open and extensible. We strive to integrate with the tools and technologies in our customers’ existing ecosystem, and work with vendors across every category to make security easy and effective. Help us test, write Python automated tests and deliver high quality applications that integrate with hundreds of third-party APIs.
You are curious. You like to understand how things work. You ask lots of questions and keep digging until you are satisfied with the answers. You like to experiment and make sure that theory and practice align.
You are detail oriented. You pay attention to the little things. You catch typos on documentation and can tell that a label is misaligned by a few pixels. You are organized and productive.
You are a self-starter. You are motivated. You are a problem solver. Missing requirements are not going to stop you from validating a working application. You can put your previous experience to work and fill in the gaps.
You are a go-getter. You are resourceful, flexible, and driven. You understand that priorities and plans change and that the path forward is not always a straight line. You can adapt to the changing landscape and use the challenges as opportunities to learn new things.
You are a problem-solver. You use your technical and testing background to analyze issues, review logs and get to the root cause of the issue. There’s always a JS Console or a log being tailed tucked away on your screen. You’re always a script away from getting the data you need.
You are a quick learner. As a person you love to build new skills and learn new subject matter. You relish the idea of applying your skills to other facets of your life outside of work. Learning is a constant for you, where any problem without an immediate solution is just an opportunity to grow and master something new.
- Write automated test cases to validate different types of integrations
- Manually test our software and integrations, as our customers would, to validate positive and negative flows and ensure a pleasant UX experience
- Use your analytical and testing skills to turn requirements into test cases
- Help reduce technical debt by working with legacy integrations that don’t have written requirements
- Exercise your REST API knowledge to interact with 3rd party APIs and validate our applications work as expected
- Work closely with the Development and Product teams to help us release new integrations
- Collaborate with the rest of the team defining process, templates and standards that will guide QA efforts
- Find new ways to automate test cases and help the team be less reliant on manual testing
- Work with your teammates to constantly improve our processes
- Collaborate with the Development team to help improve our homegrown testing framework
- Write clear and well thought out defect reports
- Work with the Development and Product teams to work on new integrations to our product
- Go thought the full QA life cycle, from requirements to defects to product release
- Use your testing skills to ensure the delivery of high-quality products without wasting resources
On day one we'll expect you to...
- Have the tester mindset of technical curiosity to find issues that other might miss
- Know Python
- Be comfortable with a mac as a desktop environment
- Have automation experience
- Have experience working with REST APIs
- Be ready to start learning!
At 3 months we’ll expect you to…
- Be familiar with our software, internal tools and processes
- Be able to test integration and write automated test cases for simple apps with help from the team
At 6 months we’ll expect you to..
- Have a deeper understanding of our product and the different integrations available
- Be able to test integration and write automated test cases for complex apps with help from the team
At 12 months we’ll expect you to..
- Be able to train / mentor new members of the team
- Go through the QA cycle for new integrations with minimal supervision
Added bonuses you have...
- Help designing / developing automation testing frameworks
- Testing in a virtual and containerized environment
- Working with cloud service providers such as Azure or AWS
- An environment in which team members collaborate, share knowledge, communicate and most importantly support one another
- We integrate with a lot of different vendors and there is always something new to learn
- You can effect change on the integrations you work on
- You get to exercise your full autonomy to make decisions on how to test our products
- Software Quality Assurance/testing experience required
- Comfortable writing Python code
- Exposure to test automation
- Comfortable with REST APIs
- Understanding of and experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Experience working remotely and in conjunction with remote teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and people-oriented attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working with Linux and shell environments
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time
- Your birthday off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈