Software Quality Assurance Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
Western Balkans Program
In the Western Balkans, ICMP has supported regional cooperation in the search for the missing; it has worked effectively to foster the development and cooperation of civil society organizations with one another and with governments and local authorities in the region. It has pioneered the application of state-of-the-art DNA and advanced database informatics to locate and identify large numbers of missing persons. To date, more than 70 percent of the estimated 40,000 persons reported missing at the end of the fighting in the Western Balkans have been accounted for. ICMP’s Western Balkans Program continues to provide assistance to countries in the region to account for approximately 12,000 persons who are still missing from the conflict in the 1990s.
ICMP is looking for a motivated Software Quality Assurance Engineer to develop a strong quality assurance system within the software development units. We are seeking experienced individual to help create testing and validation strategies to ensure the reliability and robustness of multiple applications developed by the ICMP. The position is based in Tuzla, Bosnia Herzegovina but for the right candidate a remote position will be considered.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Director of Data Systems and Data Coordination Department the main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the creation of a strong quality assurance system within the software development team of the ICMP;
- Ensuring that the desktop and web-based applications developed at the ICMP comply with this QA system and follow best practices for software development;
- Developing test project plans, test logs, test schedule, test plans, and detailed test cases as well as automatisation of test cases;
- Executing and coordinating the execution of test cases according to defined test plans and ensuring that software quality meets the specified project requirements;
- Responsible for generating Software Validation Report;
- Generation of defect reports and tracking the corrective actions performed on reported defects;
- Assisting in collection and generation of official project documentation;
- Reviewing existing infrastructure and systems and proposing changes to meet the QA system and Data Systems departments’ requirements;
- Managing the day to day tasks related to software Quality Assurance, including but not limited to coordinating control and documentation of changes for existing and applications in development, and coordinating the effective resolution of anomalies and defects in cooperation with the application development teams;
- Assistance with proposal writing and grant reporting on specific projects;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in technical sciences or engineering;
- Minimum of seven years of experience with the following:
- Leading team(s) of technical testers on complex software development projects;
- Integrated system software testing;
- Planning and coordinating testing and validation activities;
- Proven experience in all aspects of functional, integration and regression testing;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical and documentation skills;
- Deep knowledge of Application Development Life cycles and concepts;
- Experience in the following technical areas is required:
- Programming in any object oriented, query and scripting languages;
- Automated testing tools (desired experience with Visual Studio testing tools).
- If the selected candidate works remotely, willingness and ability to travel to Tuzla, Bosnia Herzegovina as required
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender
- Ability to travel at short notice and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Commitment to the underlying objective of helping the authorities and families of the missing to account for missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner
This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary at the L7 level on the ICMP Western Balkan salary scale, generous paid leave and extensive health insurance benefits for the incumbent and any eligible dependent.
This position is not eligible for expatriate allowances.
Review of applications will begin on 10 August 2020; however, the position will remain open until filled.
ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈