Software QA Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Sense is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join the engineering team and spearhead our manual testing efforts. If you'd love to use your professional expertise to make a difference in the fight against climate change while also shipping a best-in-class consumer-facing product built on cutting-edge technology, then we should talk!
In this role, you will work closely with product managers and developers to develop and execute test plans based on product requirements and UX designs. You care deeply about product quality and customer satisfaction, have excellent communication skills, and are self-motivated with a growth mindset.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing test plans to ensure that new features meet functional requirements
- Executing manual test cases on our mobile and web apps
- Writing clear, well-documented bugs in JIRA
- Writing regression test plans
- Helping define and improve QA process
- Participating in troubleshooting and triage of issues
- Professional experience as a QA engineer doing manual testing
- Experience writing test plans
- Familiarity with testing strategies, techniques and best practices
- Mobile app test experience is a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and more efficient. Our energy data and tools demystify home energy use, empower people to take command of their usage, and enable utilities to build a cleaner and more resilient grid.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at a VC-backed consumer startup that's doing big things:
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and generous healthcare benefits.
- Flexible hours and WFH policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Remote or local in our Cambridge Central Square office (re-opening Jan 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19).
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈