Software Engineer in Test
MariaDB Corporation Ab
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
MariaDB is making a big impact on the world. Whether you're checking your bank account, buying a coffee, shopping online, making a phone call, listening to music, taking out a loan, or ordering takeout – MariaDB is the backbone of applications used every day. Companies small and large, including 75% of the Fortune 500 run MariaDB, touching the lives of billions of people. With massive reach through Linux distributions, enterprise deployments, and public clouds, MariaDB is uniquely positioned as the leading database for modern application development.
Xpand is now part of the MariaDB product line and provides a scale-out OLTP database to companies all around the globe.
We are looking for Software Engineers in Test to design and build bigger, better, and more brutal tests and tools to validate the functional correctness, performance, and reliability of Xpand. You will work on challenging problems that ensure our products are the fastest and easiest to use and reliably scale to the maximum while also taking the QA infrastructure to the next level.
Some things that make the Xpand team great to be a part of:
- Our team is small, so you get to own significant projects and contribute in a big way to the product.
- We have a lot of interesting problems to work on, in a variety of areas.
- Our customers love us. We help them do things they could never do with their legacy SQL databases.
- We are passionate about making our software work better and faster.
- Analyze a complex software system and design strategies to test Query Optimizer.
- Develop comprehensive test plans for product features or subsystems, including verification of functionality, performance, negative/failure, etc.
- Create complex and powerful tools and automated test cases, predominantly in python, leveraging and extending our home-built test framework to maximize code reuse and collaboration.
- Reproduce bugs based on reports and descriptions.
- 3+ years of software engineering or test experience, preferably with enterprise software products and/or appliances.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and/or distributed computing systems.
- Good understanding of database internals especially query performance and query optimization.
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in at least one language, preferably in python
- Highly proficient in a Linux or Unix environment.
- Strong background in Mathematics.
Redwood City, CA or Remote
What's in it for you?
Impact the world of technology by pushing the boundaries of technology and business models, working at MariaDB. Be part of a game-changing organization that encourages outside-the-box thinking and empowerment and is truly shaping the future of the software industry. You'll be collaborating with high-caliber colleagues around the world, offering unparalleled learning and growth opportunities. We provide a very competitive compensation package, 25 days paid annual leave (plus holidays), medical/dental/vision insurance, stock options, 401(k), a massive degree of flexibility and freedom, and more.
MariaDB does not sponsor work visas or relocation.
MariaDB is an equal opportunity employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈