Software Development Engineer in Test
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
DriveWealth is a financial technology firm pioneering embedded finance, fractional investing in US equities with a modern API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
Our partners include banking and fin-techs disruptors, RIAs, and global brands who are build investing experiences in 153 countries. By empowering our partners with solutions to embed investing into new and existing digital experiences, they turn consumers into investors. Some of our partners are Revolut, Hatch, MoneyLion, Stake, and Avenue
The Quality Assurance team is charged with ensuring all software produced and used by our products is high quality and meets industry standards. We make use of the latest technology to automated our quality testing and integrate it into our CI/CD pipeline.
The Software Development Engineer in Test will work as a part of DriveWealth’s Quality Assurance team. You will be responsible for helping us continue to automate our QA process and testing. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to share ideas, make changes, and improve the process all while raising the alarm bell when quality issues arise.
- Designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Executing tests on source code
- Analyzing test results and reporting defects to the engineering team
- Working with the engineering team to correct defects
- Creating release artifacts and documentation
- Testing of API based solutions as well as back-end server software
- A good working knowledge of test management software, and QA methodologies
- Experience with Postman or similar tools for REST API testing
- 3+ years experience in a QA and/or engineering role
- Good team working and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of JSON and ActiveMQ
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/similar technical field, or prior equivalent experience
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail, and git
- Knowledge of JMeter
- Experience with Java based applications
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages including Groovy, Bash, and Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in a fin-tech or financial services company
- Prior experience working in an agile environment
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈