We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
We’re here to revolutionize personal finance by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
Our Community App has completed a very successful first year educating 150,000+ users about Bitcoin investing in a fun gamified format. It also serves as a gateway to our recently launch Wealth app, which offers the best price and liquidity across the biggest number of fiat and crypto trading pairs. But that’s just the start.
And this is where you come in...
As a member of our Engineering team, your mission is to ensure that we're always thinking about quality while working on our big goal of reshaping the investment industry. We believe quality is something that should be checked continuously throughout the process, not just at the end. You'll work closely with product managers, designers and software engineers, to ensure that we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users.
What you might be doing
- Partnering with Product and Engineering to define product quality goals and design automation infrastructure to improve test coverage and release velocity
- Developing frameworks, tools and automated tests that span our entire microservices API and gateway
- Drive the Non-Functional Tests efforts in order to guarantee resilience and sufficient performance of the Financial Engine
- Rapidly identifying, characterizing, and triaging reported bugs with Engineering
- Developing test plans, procedures, and processes for continually improving quality
What you might look like
- 3+ years of industry experience in Quality Assurance, Software Engineering and preferably startup experience
- Very capable of software development in either TypeScript, Python or Scala. The backend being written in Scala, you have to be willing to read a lot of Scala code
- Knowledge of stress testing tools (Gatling, Artillery, etc)
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and CI/CD systems such as Jenkins (Infrastructure as a code)
- Strong technical understanding of distributed systems, ability to learn quickly and establish credibility with engineers
- Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs and engineering for resilience and high availability
- Bias-to-action, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with teams from diverse backgrounds
- Interest in the fintech & cryptocurrency space is a plus
The candidate must to be on a European time zone.
What, you need more reasons, besides the opportunity to change the world of finance while having fun? Ok, ok, here are some:
- Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
- Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- Very competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible work hours
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.