Senior Quality Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
LawnStarter is a marketplace that makes lawn care easy for homeowners while helping small businesses succeed. We've raised millions in venture funding and are growing fast. Are you a driven software engineer interested in helping give millions of American’s freedom to spend time on what truly matters?
Working at LawnStarter offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in the marketplace industry in an environment that’s fun, collaborative, and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about innovation and aren't afraid to show it.
We already have multiple deployments per day and a large suite of tests at all levels of the testing pyramid. Our team is aggressively moving to smaller microservices and serverless architecture. We believe deeply in automating almost everything. In the DevOps culture where ownership is spread through the org, teams are accountable for their own bugs, their own deployments, and their own path to production.
As a Senior Quality Engineer at LawnStarter, you’ll report to the Quality Engineering Manager and you’ll be in a hands-on role responsible for the evaluation and testing of the LawnStarter platform. You will collaborate with software engineering, product management, and design teams to design and execute manual and automated tests to ensure quality software delivered to our customers on a daily basis.
- Create and execute automated and manual test cases and analyze the results with Cypress, Selenium, and/or Appium (React Native) and other programming languages
- Design and execute automated test scripts
- Perform exploratory testing of existing applications
- Analyze and anticipate process optimizations to reduce cost and improve efficiency through the software development cycle
- Play a key role in evaluating and documenting departmental processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Assume responsibility for quality improvements as they relate to an area within a component or a specific project
- Apply hands-on technical troubleshooting skills to existing processes with quality problems
We’re looking for you if you’re an experienced quality engineer with automation experience who is proficient in delivering quality products and building tests within all levels of the testing pyramid. More specifically, we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of quality assurance engineering experience, including test automation
- Proficiency working with both manual and automated testing
- Comfort in testing both front and backend web services
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Experience with security and accessibility testing
- Experience with scalability testing on cloud platforms
- Strong competency in testing patterns
- Expertise testing on various devices: mobile phones, tablets, and desktop computers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All team members at LawnStarter are expected to embody our core values which are: Be Data-Driven, Get Shit Done, People are Critical, Challenge the Status Quo, Be Scrappy, Build a Great Environment.
1 - One Team, One Heart
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work in 2018 award from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit engineering team willing to give responsibility to anyone that is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll have opportunities to own large portions of our technical direction for new features, and larger projects. You’ll get to work with a team of passionate engineers who are eager to share our knowledge and experience, and also learn from yours.
3 - High-Performance Distributed Team Environment
We are a diverse and distributed team which are passionate about the empowerment to deliver daily value to our users. We have built our core business with great unit economics and efficiency. What does that mean? Well, that allows us the opportunity to solve new and exciting challenges building innovation leading the market segment we are in. Put simply, we have unique problems being solved in a fast-paced environment but are extremely stable and able to continue investing in the future.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈