Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Work closely with the leadership team on a large, complex program involving numerous, integrated software products
- Define and maintain test plans and test specifications for functional and automated regression, and performance testing
- Ensure the overall quality of all aspects complex software system, including data, APIs, and web application
- Identify gaps in test approach, strategize on a plan to fill the gaps, and then execute that plan
- Design and maintain automated test scripts covering fundamental front and backend functions in the application
- Practice TDD within the application development team
- Work with IT Developers to improve automated testing where possible
- Work with developers and other automation engineers to create and maintain automation frameworks.
- Create and manage defects through the product life cycle
- Generate test reports and traceability matrices
- Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
- Work closely with engineering teams to discuss risk and risk mitigation
- Shaping the overall QA process through application of best practices and new approaches to testing workflow
- 7+ years of experience in a software testing roleHands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
- Experience building automation frameworks from scratch in Node or Python
- Knowledge of sql/no-sql database concepts preferred and testing of ETLs
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software including use of in-browser development toolsHands-on experience with API testing tool such as Postman, Insomnia or PawHands-on experience with front end automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium, NightwatchJS, Puppeteer, or Playwright
- Experience in micro-services based Architecture and messaging protocols preferred
- Solid understanding of Software Configuration Management concepts and methodologies
- Web Accessibility (508) experience
- Proficient in at least one source control tool (Git)
- Experience with Load, Stress, and Performance testing with tools such as Artillery.io Locust.io, Jmeter or Goose
- Experience with devops processes and setting up local environments with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools(JIRA/Confluence)
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Candidate must reside in the United StatesBachelor's degree (Computer Science strongly preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈