Senior QA Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA and Europe only
ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, developers, crypto and DeFi investors and users. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments. Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
Codefi is looking for a senior QA Automation engineer to drive quality assurance engineering across multiple product teams. You’ll be the second QA engineer in the team with the scope to:
- Apply Enterprise-grade QA best practises to Codefi development processes and technical stacks
- Create and maintain detailed automated and manual test cases
- Oversee and manage multiple projects at a time
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Leveraging the team and developers and contribute to implement end to end testing
- Review requirements and provide knowledgeable feedback to ensure they are thorough and detailed
- Keep thorough documentation of all aspects of a project, including but not limited to:
- Deployment communication
- Detailed bug tickets
- Comprehensive manual and automated test cases
- Actively participate in project development meetings such as backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Successfully ensure all major software releases meet a high quality standard
- Participate in the technical leadership of the Codefi group
- Hands-on QA engineering skills and mindset
- 4+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working with containerised applications and AWS or Azure
- Experience setting-up best-in-class CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Gitlab CI, Jenkins, or CircleCI)
- Experience working with automation framework tools such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber
- Experience with code quality tools like Sonarqube, load testing tools like k6,
- Experience as a developer/familiarity in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Ability to operate in a decentralised team and remote working environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills
- Strong documentation practises
- Understanding Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience deploying blockchain networks and applications
(Dapps or Enterprise blockchain-based APIs)
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Europe only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈