Senior QA Automation Tester
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Australia Only
Senior QA Automation Engineer
IRI is a leading provider of integrated big data, predictive analytics and actionable insights. We uniquely combine point-of-sale, shopper loyalty and shopper panel data using our leading data technology platform. In doing so, IRI guide over 5,000 global clients in making data-led decisions that ultimately grow their businesses. As a leading market intelligence provider in Australia and New Zealand exceptional client service is part of everything we do.
About the role
As part of the Quality team within IRI Australia Business Technology (BT), you will be responsible for designing, planning and executing the testing of our systems and applications for strategic projects and their deliverables. This position is responsible for the identification and the implementation of a test automation framework adhering to the software testing processes followed in the organisation. As part of your role you will apply your hands-on experience to be an important member in one of our agile development teams, collaborating with product owners and engineers throughout the software development process to refine and groom requirements, design test cases, perform both manual and automated testing, and serve as a champion of quality within the team:
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Engineers, Architects, Scrum Masters and SMEs.
- Analyse and evaluate requirements, acceptance criteria, and solution designs in order to understand and identify testing requirements.
- Identify and present the best approach for testing user stories, features and solutions. Plan test execution.
- Estimate and prioritise work packages and the effort/duration of testing activities.
- Identify and promote the introduction and use of new techniques, methodologies and tools to implement test automation in a hybrid ETL and Data Warehousing environment from scratch.
- Analyse, design, develop and maintain Automation testing solutions.
- Create test cases and test data.
- Own and proactively ensure environment readiness; their availability, accessibility and configuration.
- Perform system, functional, integration, regression, and E2E testing of new and changed product functionalities.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- MUST HAVE strong experience in:
- BI and Data Warehouse concepts and testing (mandatory)
- ETL testing
- Data Validation testing
- Migration testing
- Data Integrity testing
- Risk Based testing approach
- Reconciliation testing for source vs destination data
- PROFICIENT in RDBMS database testing, with expertise in SQL Server and PostgreSQL (MANDATORY).
- PROFICIENT in SQL Scripting – being able to confidently wield both DML and DDL is ESSENTIAL.
- Extensive experience in automation testing along with a strong background in testing systems; from the UI all the way down to the database.
- Strong coding experience in different languages such as PowerShell, Python, C#, Java, Python, SQL.
- Experience in the set-up and use of automation frameworks and tooling such as Selenium, Cucumber, Docker and Docker-compose.
What we offer you:
Every day is fast paced, offering a different challenge at every turn. Backed by supportive team members, a dedicated and passionate training & development team and an energetic work environment, you will learn, adapt and perform. As a member of the IRI family, you will go on a journey where we hope to help make you the best you can be, wherever life takes you. Here are some key benefits for our people:
- Flexible working hours
- Extra leave to encourage time out when you need it
- Learning and training opportunities to support your individual development and career progression
- Opportunities to give back to our communities
- Focus on diversity and inclusion
If this sounds like you, please click 'apply now' and send your resume and tell us why you would be the best person for this role.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈