Quality Assurance Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Purple Carrot is on a mission to cultivate the plant based resolution, one meal at a time. Purple Carrot is looking for a motivated and experienced Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Operations Team. The successful candidate will plan, coordinate, and manage the Quality Assurance program at Purple Carrot to ensure finished products meet or exceed company, customer, and industry standards. This role requires strong leadership and excellent communication skills, in order to execute a successful strategy for product quality across all locations.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist you will build a food safety program that encapsulates Purple Carrot “Standards”, leading implementation and communication internally and externally. The ideal candidate will exhibit the initiative to drive continuous and data-driven improvements in the program, as well as the ability to prioritize training across Purple Carrot and Fulfillment Center teams. This is a cross-functional role, working closely across multiple departments - such as fulfillment, procurement, and customer experience - in a professional and proactive manner, avoiding conflicts and exemplifying a collaborative spirit. This role reports directly to the Senior Operations Director.
This role will require travel to our fulfillment sites on a consistent basis- 1-3x quarter, with greater frequency at the start. However, due to Covid-19, the Needham office is closed through 2020, and potentially longer, and business travel is evaluated on a case by case basis. Upon reopening the office and resuming normal travel, we will work with this position on creating a cadence for an in-office and/or on-site schedule and/or visits.
- Write, maintain, and disseminate quality assurance SOPs and other documentation.
- Coordinate with fulfillment center FSQA teams to implement requirements set forth for maintaining the highest standard of quality for products and services.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with FDA, USDA, and GFSI and SQFI Program regulations and requirements with all products and at all sites, including periodic facility audits and managing response to product recalls.
- Assist Senior Fulfillment and Procurement Managers on investigating and communicating with Fulfillment Centers on quality issues and customer complaints.
- Comfortable recommending corrective actions and facilitating individual or group trainings to establish best practices.
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements and drive operational improvements for quality.
- Own and report out on Quality KPIs internally and externally.
- Regular travel to 3 fulfillment centers (and Needham office if remote)
- 2-4 years Food Safety Quality Assurance experience
- Bachelor of Science or comparable industry experience
- HACCP certified required
- Working knowledge of USDA and FDA food regulations preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is preferred
- Preferred product experience with following categories: produce, dry, dairy, frozen
- Experience with Microsoft, Google Suites, and database management
- Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness, excellent decision-making skills, and flexibility required
- Ability to work independently, with strong time management
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Remote or Needham, MA HQ
About Purple Carrot:
Purple Carrot is a meal kit subscription service on a mission to help customers eat more plants. We are looking for hardworking individuals who take pride in having fun and have a passion for startup culture. From sip and spin nights, to our annual day of service in the surrounding community, we work to live and yet live to work because we're doing what we love. We’re crafting delicious, 100% plant-based recipes and shipping them to homes across the country, making it easier than ever to eat healthy, nutrient-dense foods on a regular basis. Since its launch in October 2014, Purple Carrot has grown significantly with increasing revenues, new subscribers, and national reach.
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (professional development, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, credit toward free Purple Carrot boxes, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with co-workers who are passionate about food.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈