QA Technical Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK & EMEA
EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform that connects any consumer product to the Web, and manages real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives.
We are looking for a QA Technical Engineer to work within the Engineering department on our highly scalable award winning IoT platform. Our IoT platform needs to meet high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. So, If you are passionate about quality, passionate about the newest, cutting edge technologies and passionate about the IoT space then this is definitely the role for you and the individual we want to work within our engineering team.
As our QA Technical Engineer, you will be required to pair with software engineers to test our IoT platform end to end, at the code level, infrastructure level and user acceptance level, both manually (exploratory) and with automated tools. You will be expected to do functional and non-functional testing. A critical part of the role will consist of helping the team to define and get clarity around the testing breadth, ensuring stories and acceptance criteria reach a definition of ready status. You will also be responsible for collaborating with team members to get the stories and application services to a definition of done.
You are also required to coach the team to take on board and implement modern testing principles. In order to achieve this you will be responsible for understanding the production pipeline from product idea all the way to product idea as code, on infrastructure, in a production environment against customer traffic. You will help identifying bottlenecks/constraints in the production pipeline and help reduce or remove these bottlenecks. You will also be responsible for looking at customer data to determine the quality of the product.
As a QA Technical Engineer you will be responsible for the quality culture of the engineering department and working with software engineers to test evrythng products (API's, Complex Distributed Systems, FrontEnd Dashboards, Mobile Apps & PWA on mobile devices, ) to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision. You will also contribute to the creation of test strategies and the diagnosis of complex issues.
- Works closely with the Product Owner to understand and provide feedback on the gaps/anomalies on functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure quality is built into the product.
- Ensure stories reach the definition of ready and testability and testing issues are discussed during product backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Proactively learn and apply modern testing principles.
- Get stories to the definition of done by either leading testing, pair testing with developers or reviewing testing that developers have performed.
- Can tell the testing story, explain risks found during the testing, and the impact assessment of these risks to technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Supports the development of standards/tools/techniques for Automated Testing
- Employs automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing and automate the CI/CD pipeline across all product platforms.
- Contributes to the ‘Testing in Production’ engineering strategy.
- Extensively monitor production logs determine the quality of the product and identify risks in the product.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Dev Ops and the Developers to ensure that quality code can be released into live on a regular cycle
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
- Takes part in the QA chapter and adds valuable input.
The successful candidate would have to possess the majority of the following experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology e.g test design and test techniques. either from BBST courses or ISTQB. (certification itself is not a requirement but the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of software testing is).
- Experience with RESTful Web Services and API Testing using tools such as POSTMAN or something equivalent.
- Experience with doing performance testing using JMeter and Flood.io or something similar.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and doing basic queries.
- Understanding of how to help teams implement tests at the right level of the pyramid.
- Experience of using version control preferable Git and GitHub.
- Good knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS), Microservices, Distributed systems.
- Experience of looking at production data to determine quality or find issues. Similar tools such as new Relic, DataDog, LogEntries,Pingdom, AWS cloud watch would be preferably.
- Experience of Context Driven and Session Based testing and an understanding of when to use the right software tool to get the job done.
- Experience of coaching teams to improve the Quality Culture within an engineering department.
- Experience working with large scale teams.
- Strong at bug management and writing good bug reports. However, has a preference for post-it notes and communication to get bugs fixed asap.
- Excellent communication, especially in terms of making change across multiple teams.
EVRYTHNG offers a competitive salary, high earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development. Furthermore, you get:
- 25 days holiday plus additional bank holidays off
- Private health and dental care
- Training & Development - 2 hours of personal training & development per week
- Tech lunches on Wednesdays with free lunch.
- Annual social events
- Private pension contributions
- Stock Option Plan
- Work From Home policy - While you are always welcome to work from our top-notch east London office, this job is also available as fully remote from anywhere GMT +/- 3 or from our offices in London or Switzerland (Lausanne), choose what fits best for you!
Note for applicants
If you're applying to work remotely from the UK you have to be eligible to work in the UK. For working outside of the UK (remotely GMT+/-3) eligibility to work in the UK is not required.
Note for recruitment agencies
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK & EMEA.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈