QA Specialist - Department of Mental Health
St. Joseph Center
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice and throughout Los Angeles County. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through 20+ programs in four pillars of service: Outreach and Engagement, Housing Services, Mental Health, and Education and Vocational Training. St. Joseph Center serves more than 10,000 people each year.
Brief Description of Principal Activities
Multifaceted intervention, prevention, mental health, and housing assistance is offered through street outreach and 9 service sites throughout Los Angeles County. St. Joseph Center also provides on-site services at five permanent supportive housing developments, and will provide services at an additional six more sites in the coming year. St. Joseph Center’s total holistic approach to services provide our clients with the help they need to regain their stability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Engage in documentation reviews and audits to ensure charts meet the standards enforced by St. Joseph Center, DMH, Medi-Cal, And HIPAA.
- Provide training and support to Mental Health Specialists (MHS) and/or Case Manager (CM) staff on Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) documentation standards, HIPAA Compliance and mandated reporting.
- Monitor, track, and respond to requests for client and service information from third parties, DMH, and Medi-Cal.
- Assist with any agency compliance related tasks and database management. Essential Duties:
- Review and approve progress notes submitted by MHS and/or CM staff.
- Train staff in individual and group settings on documentation and use of electronic health record (Exym).
- Utilize Exym to run reports and monitor data quality.
- Perform site audits to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Prepare records for Subpoena or Release of Information requests; collaborates with program staff to obtain and ensure valid consents for releases are obtained.
- Organize and conduct randomized client chart reviews monthly.
- Collect, enter, and submit accurate agency information within DMH and Medi-Cal databases.
- Attend DMH Quality Improvement meetings and disseminates essential information to staff throughout the agency.
- Attend and participate in routinely scheduled program, department, and agency staff meetings.
- Assist with preparation for County and State audits, as well as preparing reports in response to audits and plans of corrections.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, be highly motivated, and a self-starter with the ability to manage tasks with minimal direction at times.
- Utilize clear and respectful communication, to train, collaborate with, and relate to diverse people including SJC clients, community members, agency staff, and third-party individuals/other professionals.
- Be flexible with timelines, task-prioritization, and have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Value and carry out detail-oriented tasks, with capacity to complete accurate data entry, execute direct verbal and written communication, and work collaboratively to manage and support quality improvement efforts.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and partner with all levels of agency staff to identify solutions.
- Know and comply with agency policies and procedures, as well as HIPAA, LAC-DMH, Medi-Cal policies and documentation guidelines and other local/state/federal regulations related to quality assurance and information management.
- Minimum one-year clinical experience in a DMH environment.
- Minimum one-year quality assurance experience at a DMH contracted or directly operated program.
- Previous experience with electronic health record systems and note writing.
- Previous experience with administrative tasks, such as: data entry, filing, staff memos, and auditing.
- Previous experience providing entry-level training, workshops, or presentations to other professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, human services or a related field is preferred, but not mandatory.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of managing virtual files / “cloud” space.
- Experience using an electronic health record or database.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
- Attend meetings when needed.
Employment with St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactory background check.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other protection under Federal, State and local law. All applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.
St. Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the current poster is located here.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈