QA Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Mobalytics mission is to create the ultimate gaming companion, providing powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and be their best self. In the last four years we have gone from just servicing League of Legends players to empowering players of different genres through Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Valorant. We’ve achieved a lot but there is so much we can accomplish with the right talent onboard. We need razor sharp, experienced, and responsible professionals who can help us grow and evolve from a small adventurous party into a disciplined raid team who can conquer any challenge.
We consider ourselves a gaming company even though we don’t make games because we work hand-in-hand with world-famous developers. We love these games and are members of the communities that make them thrive. This is not for the faint of heart. Working in a startup is hard, unpredictable, and demanding. Only the most passionate people thrive. Your love for video games, your expertise and craft, attention to detail, and your dedication to a great user experience will take you far with us.
As a QA Software Engineer, you are tasked with guarding our realm from the infinite hordes before they spawn. You are the responsible for the functionality of our product, a team effort no doubt, but if it gets by on your watch then it’s on you. Your automation skills will construct the last bastion for our platform against the hordes of mediocrity and Error 405 pages. Most, you create the testing infrastructure that everyone can fall back on. Are you up for the task?
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Providing test coverage by writing unit tests for current codebase.
- Collaborating with QA Analysts and Software Developers to develop software driven testing solutions.
- Collaborating with department heads on test automation guidelines.
- Product Knowledge
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Providing input on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Analysis, Research, and Reporting
- Investigating bugs and creating & managing bug reports.
- Noting all testing actions you have performed in weekly reports.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- 4+ years of experience in software development, software testing or similar position with a quality focus.
- Experience in automated testing and developing automation testing guidelines.
- Knowledge of Golang, Python or any other programming languages.
- Knowledge about various test methods & corresponding tools like MS Test, NUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Exposure to Test Driven Development.
- Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related field OR equivalent experience.
- Plays games with a desire to improve.
- People who love games and the tools that players use to get better at them make for a great fit and can understand the mission clearly.
- No, we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- Hopefully, you’ll tell us what we need to be doing. Independence and agency are key traits at Mobalytics.
- We want to queue with “Can do” party members because passion breeds enthusiasm, which in turn makes learning and team achievement infectious.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- We strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS.
- We all support and encourage each other, but that also means being good at listening to feedback.
- Excellent attention to details, quality of work and time management.
- You have ownership of the product. Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too!
- Working hard and having a sense of urgency are important, but being efficient is more important. Hard work doesn’t mean endless hours and “face-time,” it means on time delivery of quality work and achieving our shared goals.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for passionate communities of gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players maximize their enjoyment when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈