2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In a world where Insurance is struggling to keep up, through the power of latest technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
Zego has an international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays a role in our journey.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors to fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. In 2019, we were listed in the FinTech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort - solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll collaborate with an experienced group of people who respect each other's differences and want to understand fresh perspectives.
About the Role
PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote role so you can be based anywhere in the UK. Please note that you may, on occasion, be required to visit the London office so we can only accept applications from residents based in the UK.
We are looking for a QA Manager to help us establish and scale our company-wide testing strategy. Our core application is built on top of the Django web framework and hosted on AWS. We typically use Python 3, Postgres, Celery, and whatever else we need.
It is an exciting time to join, you will partner with outstanding engineers, designers and product managers to help make Zego the best loved insurance startup in the world. You can read in this blog post what a day in the life of an engineer here at Zego can look like.
Over the next 12 months you will…
- Determine testing strategies across the engineering organisation.
- Lead the QA and Release teams and help refine their roadmaps
- Establish a testing strategy to systematically improve the quality of our products and the experience of our customers
- Ensure product engineering teams are equipped with all the right testing and automation tools for the job
- Work with multiple teams to help them solve issues and unblock problems
- Provide coaching and learning opportunities to help grow Engineers and testing skills
- Lead by example through technical and get hands-on where necessary
- Promote best practices in functional and non-functional automated testing
- Establish metrics to measure quality of delivery
- Shift QA left and build in quality from the start of the product development lifecycle
- You will be the voice of QA at Zego
- You will promote the QA mindset and put user experience first as you nurture an outstanding product.
- You are accomplished in building relationships with partners and comfortable getting hands-on with QA where necessary.
- You excel at learning and push yourself to develop your skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈