1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
MobyMax is an educational technology company that creates unique, individualized education plans for students in all K-8 subjects. Used in over 82% of all K-8 schools in the United States with over 28 million students registered, MobyMax allows students to make tremendous progress while having fun! MobyMax creates global, research-powered curricula that enable every child to learn twice as fast. You can learn more by visiting our website, www.mobymax.com.
We are looking for the newest MobyMax QA Engineer to join our team. We need meticulous, collaborative software testers who can identify errors in our complex and growing system. Our team is fast, accurate, and efficient, and we love working together to make Moby the best software it can be.
This is a full-time, hourly, 100% remote job position. Proficiency in English and an ability to collaborate with English speaking teams is essential for this role.
- Proficiency in conversational and written English
- Design detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Collaborate with tech leads and developers to identify bug causes and develop solutions
- Recommend design improvements in software to enhance user experience
- Review, interpret, and update software specifications independently and with software developers
The members of our QA team have a wide range of skills and come from many different professional backgrounds. There are lots of different qualities that make for a great QA engineer, including, but not limited to:
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- A knack for hunting down problems and finding their causes
- An eye for smart and intuitive UX/UI
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness and eagerness to learn
- Experience working in software or software development, particularly edtech
- Experience working in education
- Experience with JIRA and Slack
- Experience with Selenium/automation testing
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and devices (e.g., iOS, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Work from home
- A computer that is no more than three years old
- High speed internet
- Clear microphone/headset
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly, commensurate with skills and experience
- 24 days of flex PTO per year
- 100% remote work
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈