1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Omega Point is a San Francisco-based fintech startup that democratizes quantitative investing for portfolio managers. Founded by a successful entrepreneur and a former research executive at Two Sigma Investments, Omega Point's powerful platform analyzes portfolios for the world's most sophisticated investment managers and generates insights from terabytes of financial data using sophisticated machine learning techniques and a modern, interactive application.
What you will do ...
We are a remote-friendly workplace and are currently looking for a QA Engineer. You will work directly with talented engineering team across North America to help us develop a more robust platform and allow our clients to effectively understand, visualize and optimize their portfolios while enjoying the best possible user experience in the market. Our ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to help us increase the quality of the platform upon which our clients rely to make critical decisions in this huge and rapidly changing market.
- Collaborate with the product team to establish clear requirements and acceptance criteria of the features.
- Participate in UI/UX design discussions.
- Write test plans and test cases, including finding and documenting edge cases.
- You will add and maintain automated UI/API tests of the application using BDD
- Work with developers, product management, design, and support to ensure quality in all phases of development.
- Play an important role as the first reviewer of delivered features/bug fixes
- You will develop and maintain testing strategies, primarily automated testing.
- Azure DevOps pipeline scripting for test automation
What Omega Point offers you ...
- A competitive salary.
- Remote-first environment, so you can telecommute (and not only during the pandemic).
- A collaborative environment with a talented team
- Windows , Mac, Linux? You choose your platform and your computer hardware.
- Two summits per year where we travel to a location for important discussions and team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco.
Who we are ...
- We believe in small, talented teams. Our development team is a tight-knit ambitious group with a high degree of autonomy.
- We are united, we like to laugh together as well as solve complex problems as a team.
- We are pragmatic. Even though we work with the latest technology, we always choose the best tool for the job at hand.
The technologies we use ...
- Testing tools : WebDriverIO, Cucumber, Chai
- Applications: React, Redux, Node.js, GraphQL, Golang
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Ops: Azure DevOps, AWS, Github, Docker
What we are looking for ...
- 1+ year of experience in web application development or software quality assurance and testing
- A developer who has the desire to learn and who is able to approach problems in a pragmatic way
- A candidate with strong empathy for customers and an interest in portfolio management
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases
- Ability to think beyond the normal use cases and find edge cases to test
- The motivation to develop in the environment of a startup where everything moves quickly
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness that will push you to reach out to people
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue.js, etc. is an asset
- Experience with BDD and CI/CD scripting is an asset
- Fluency in English
- University or college diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈