2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Rockbot is building the future of streaming media in businesses, and we're looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join the development team. Rockbot Engineering is a small, tight group in which everyone has a massive contribution to the success of our company. We're looking for a self-motivated individual that thrives in that environment and takes pride in building great software.
This position will primarily focus on ensuring all new products and features are rock solid for our customers. As a critical part of our development team, you will identify software defects, write and implement detailed test plans, thoroughly document issue reproduction steps, and ensure shipping software meets the highest degree of quality and reliability.
Our ideal candidate is organized, methodical and has a firm grasp on how complex software systems operate (and break!). A software development background is a plus. If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Communicate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like bug reports and error reporting
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools like Cypress, Selenium, etc
- Experience with SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is a plus
- Convenient HQ location steps from 12th Street BART in Downtown Oakland
- Competitive salary
- Full health, vision and dental coverage
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible remote work policy
- Healthy work / life balance is encouraged
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈