2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We’re an award-winning VC-backed HR Tech startup looking to hire a QA Engineer who wants to impact a product that is influencing the future of work. We are founded by two diverse women who are passionate about cultivating belonging in the workplace.
MORE ABOUT US: The employee engagement space is a $74B market growing 12% year over year with companies seeking to make the link between work culture and business success. However, less than 10% of companies actually know the ROI on their engagement efforts. Five to Nine is positioned to solve for this gap by leveraging employee feedback and providing insights on initiatives to better understand their results.
We’ve been invested in by top VCs such as Kapor Capital (who’s also invested in companies such as Uber and Twilio) and by financial institutions like Morgan Stanley whose technology group helped Slack & Zoom go enterprise). We’ve been featured in Vice, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, Marketwatch and others.
ABOUT OUR PLATFORM: Our software helps companies manage and measure the impact of their employee engagement programs. Think of us as large companies’ SurveyMonkey meets Eventbrite. We’re revolutionizing the future of work by giving organizers and HR managers visibility into their employee engagement initiatives. We’re based in Chicago, IL.
WHO OUR CLIENTS ARE: We’re a B2B SaaS platform and our clients include program/event organizers at startups, universities, and other large enterprises.
WHO YOU ARE: You’re a self-starter and enjoy taking ownership. You’re someone who has a track record of testing web applications. You can effectively manage tasks, projects and problem-solve. You know your tech and have a strong grasp of object-oriented design practices that promote efficiency and maintainability of the code. You’re a dynamic engineer who is an effective communicator and enjoys an environment of collaboration. You have:
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of ActiveRecord queries is a plus
YOUR TECH STACK:
- Ruby on Rails
- Product runs on AWS using services like Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3, and others
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY: This, of course, includes testing our core product (architecture, quality, user experience, etc.), working directly with the C-suite and engineering team. You’ll need to be able to test software in addition to leveraging agile tools for continuous testing/delivery. This is a remote role and working hours will be based in the CST timezone.
As QA Engineer, you will own all aspects of testing the product and technology end to end, including:
• Prepare and execute Load & Performance test scripts
• Identify performance issues and debug scripts
• Work closely with Engineering team members
• Create tooling around the entire testing workflow, all the way from test case management, test data creation, automatic bug captures, test progress measurement, etc.
• Develop performance-related test scenarios and create & maintain test data
• Create reports for performance and scalability of our solutions
• Establish and share performance best practices, designing and executing a robust performance test strategy
• Work with engineering and product team for a thorough understanding of design and architecture
You’ll be joining an exceptionally talented and motivated team, helping us drive demand for the Five to Nine platform. We are creating massive value for our customers and we’re just getting started!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈