QA Automation Engineer
Startup Development House
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Poland only
We are all about supercharging tech-based businesses. But make no mistake – software development is just a part of what we do at Startup House. Our mission is to deliver all-around support for startups at all stages of development.
Our Quality Assurance Team is growing and looking for fresh blood – we're currently looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer who will help us deliver the best quality code and build amazing products.
How can you grow with us?
- We build MVPs for startups, so you will be a part of a team delivering a few projects (software products built from scratch) within a year!
- The next product you'll help create could be either an ingenious IoT mobile app for kids in Norway, an innovative LegalTech solution or a HealthTech platform that helps fight the pandemic in Nigeria... or something just as exciting!
- You'll gain wide experience in a multitude of industries and in various methods of work, both for exciting startups and established enterprises like Siemens or Toyota,
- Our fast-paced work environment guarantees rapid development of your skills,
- You'll be part of one of the best Development teams (in 2020 we were named a Top Developer by Clutch)!
- You will own your work and decide on the project's direction.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Making sure that our products reach the highest of their quality both on technical and business aspects,
- Designing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures to find as many bugs as possible,
- Documenting software defects, using a bug tracking system, and reporting defects to software developers,
- Executing manual tests and advocating product quality,
- Designing and implementing automated E2E tests in Cypress framework,
- Sharing your knowledge regarding automation with other team members,
- Participating in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems,
- Sharing ideas on how to improve the app and the testing process.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and manual web application testing,
- 1+ year of experience in commercial automation testing in Cypress framework.
- Using all the tools needed (and ideas for new ones) to improve the efficiency of testing,
- Knowledge of the best QA practices (ISTQB fundamentals or more),
- Solid understanding of testing methods and techniques in Agile, you can be the one to improve the process at our company,
- Knowledge of REST API,
- Knowledge of best practices in terms of automation (Git, page object pattern, integration with CI, etc.)
- Very good communication, documentation, and problem-solving skills,
- Critical Thinking – you need to be brave enough to tell developers that they did something wrong and communicative enough to tell them that in a good manner,
- Really high attention to detail and precision,
- Ability to solve complex problems,
- Ability to share knowledge in an easy-to-understand way,
- B2+ in English – we work internationally, so that's a must.
- Experience with Azure DevOps is a big plus,
- Experience in testing GraphQL API,
- Interest in good design principles.
- Private healthcare package,
- Veeery flexible hours and fully remote work (or if you prefer, you're always welcome at our Warsaw office),
- Multisport card possibilities,
- Fun, dynamic, start-up environment always eager to search for new initiatives either to work or have some fun!
- Best devices (we work on MacBooks).
Write to us, call us, join us and let's make some startups grow!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Poland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈