Performance Test Engineer
Agile Staffing Groups
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Duration: 6 month contract-to-hire
The Performance Engineer will work on defining a product performance testing strategy, work with product team to define performance objectives, implement / maintain automated performance tests (scripts), analyze test results, and identity / recommend specific areas of improvement. The position requires an appreciation of application architecture; application behavior and usage profile for applications under test and devise the appropriate performance test strategy and schedule. A good understanding of factors influencing the performance of software applications at multiple layers including User Interface, middle tier, Database, network, CPU utilization, memory analysis, thread management, SQL query performance is key to succeeding in this role.
- Proactive, continuous, and end-to-end application performance testing and monitoring
- Running multiple rounds of load testing and checking the speed, reliability, scalability, stability, response time, and resource use of an application under the various workloads
- Inform the design of application with performance metrics and facilitate the discovery of performance bottlenecks in development.
- Encourage performance engineering practices are embedded in all phases of the software development cycle
- Deliver end-to-end system optimization approach from the front end user experience, application layer, data layer, and cloud infrastructure layer
- Use of performance testing tools, provide expertise in scripting, designing, running, and analyzing test results
- Provide performance test results required for code to be considered ready for release
- Assist software developers in run performance tests while writing code and ensure acceptance criteria are fulfilled
- Establish performance monitoring for the application to ensure performance at all times
- Capture and analyze end user sentiments based on performance measures
- Provide specific feedback to developers so to optimize the application for better performance, for example slow SQL statements and other performance bottlenecks
- Ensure test accuracy by emulating real-world network conditions and creating realistic simulations of APIs and other services
- Collaborate with all aspects of the engineering function from Product to management to development to testing.
Education and Experience
- Education: Required Level: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Majors: Computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience in performance testing of cloud deployed, web and Mobile applications
- Strong performance Engineering skills to identify the bottleneck and provide recommendations
- Strong programming skills in languages like: GO, Java, C#, C++ and scripting languages like Python
- Programming knowledge in Java to build custom JMeter samplers would be a plus
- Experience in a selenium web driver would be a plus
- Strong experience with code profiling and monitoring tools
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with CI tools
- Experience in reporting to all levels of an organization regarding testing results and the ability to build monitoring dashboards.
- Database knowledge, indexes, and SQL and NoSQL optimization techniques both in MySQL, Postgres and NoSQL (MongoDB, Riak, Dynamo, Redis)
- Good understanding of factors influencing the performance of software applications at multiple layers including Database, network, CPU utilization, JVM tuning, memory analysis, thread management, query performance etc.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈