Performance Test Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 11 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We're looking for software developers with skills in coding, quality, and testing to join our quality team. As part of the quality team, you will help develop frameworks, tools, and tests to cover the full depth and breadth of Postman's functionality. Your primary objective on the team would be to develop and drive effective, scalable automated performance tests to ensure the performance and capabilities of the Postman platform.
- Create and execute Performance test scripts for API’s, UI’s and Native Applications
- Generate periodic Performance reports and articulate the results to the team
- Work closely with the stakeholders and provide active feedback & recommendations for better performance of the system
- Must have knowledge and experience with application performance testing, including performance test tool utilization, scripting, building and executing scenarios, collecting and analyzing performance metrics.
- Create required test data and data loads for each performance test run
- Be a performance expert in the Quality team, who understands how the features should work in various loads and scale situations and the impact on the rest of the system.
- Interact with team members and other groups to troubleshoot and resolve quality defects and issues identified during the testing process and post-release of the product.
- Work with Product Management to benchmark and set performance targets for the systems under test.
- 8+ years of experience working in the Software Quality Assurance field
- 5+ years of working experience building performance testing frameworks and implementing performance/load and other non-functional tests
- Extensive experience executing performance and other non-functional tests
- Proficient working knowledge of Frontend, Backend, and databases.
- Knowledge of performance bottlenecks and end-to-end performance measures (server response time, memory and CPU utilization, throughput, latency, etc.).
- Familiar with working in an Agile (scrum) software development team
- Strong experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs
Nice To Have:
- Experience with containers is considered an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with open source technologies
- Previous remote working experience
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈