Mobile QA Tester
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK & EU only
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2021 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leader and expand into new verticals.
Peak is looking for a Mobile QA Tester who will be working with our iOS and Android development teams to conduct manual mobile testing.
You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs as well as writing test plans and executing them. Your input will influence our product development, from the requirements gathering stage to deployment. You will work within a collaborative team who are all dedicated to creating a world-class product and user experience.
- This is a Full-time & Long-term contract position
- This position is open to UK/EU candidates only.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Identify, verify and record bugs in our mobile applications.
- Perform various types of testing to an agreed standard to prepare a high quality application for deployment.
- Create, implement and maintain test plans that ensure exhaustive testing of all our mobile products.
- Collaborate with developers in an agile environment to improve overall product quality.
- 2+ years of experience as a software QA tester or similar role.
- Experience in mobile QA testing on iOS and/or Android native applications.
- Experience with test automation framework (Appium or equivalent)
- A solid understanding of mobile apps and the underlying technology behind them.
- Strong prioritisation skills, with the ability to gauge the relative significance of bugs.
- Experience documenting test plans using a test case management system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about gaming and mobile apps.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of or experience using JIRA to record and track bugs.
- Experience with deployment using CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bitrise etc).
- Practical use of Postman and Charles Proxy for API and proxy checks.
- UI automation testing knowledge (e.g. Appium)
WHAT YOU GET
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team. It’s why, while remote working we make time to catch up, play online games and do virtual pub quizzes.It’s also why we hold regular team days and hackathons to ensure the team is always trying new things, together. In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals.
A few of our other benefits include:
- Working from home flexibility. We believe in giving people full autonomy in how they want to organise their days
- Freedom and support to organise and participate in knowledge exchange events and charity activities
- Training budget for courses, conferences and events
- 25 contractual days holiday plus bank holidays
- Choice of laptop
At Peak we are open to and encourage applications from absolutely anyone. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK & EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈