Lead Test Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Help us make a great product better
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured and unstructured data, use scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
CB Insights is seeking a Lead Test Engineer who can help guide our software testing efforts in designing and implementing automated systems that test our products. Our software under test includes our SaaS platform which is fronted by a web app, a mobile app, and a microservices backend (with data processing jobs and data science jobs).
The mission for the role of Lead Test Engineer is to standardize, evolve, and unify our automated testing efforts to ensure our tests are deterministic, fast to run and easy to understand. This person will lead our engineering testing practice and work across the department's engineering teams to define initiatives to improve our code/productivity by educating the teams on how to write code that is easier to test, as well as leading our software testing efforts.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located and this role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Lead the engineering testing practice to
- Guide and evangelize our overall software testing process
- Coordinate the implementation of our testing infrastructure across various languages and software disciplines
- Define and set our expectations around good and bad software tests
- Work with test engineers and product managers to create detailed testing plans for projects
- Provide technical guidance to our Test Engineers on the various software teams
Experience and Qualifications we’ll be looking for
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about automated testing and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Strong programming skills obtained through any means (self-thought, code academy, university degree or any other way)
- Proven ability to guide and influence the testing practices of an organization
- A desire to constantly improve your skills and the software system
- An analytical and detail-oriented mindset with strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
- Experience with, and a desire to, follow an Agile and Lean approach to software development (we follow a variant of Scrum and use Jira)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈