(Junior) Software Developer in Test
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Jr. Software Developer in Test with experience testing the frontend/backend of an application in order to help bring the best possible software solution to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country. This position reports to our Director of Quality Assurance.
- Participate and contribute to all QA team deliverables which include; test strategy, test planning, test development, test automation development, peer reviews, design reviews and defect triage
- Work closely with developers to develop test strategies and plans for unit, integration, UAT, security and performance tests to ensure proper test coverage based upon analyzing and decomposing application software design and requirements.
- Develop and implement automated and manual tests that will functionally validate frontend or backend application development
- Assist in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the delivery team squad and validating any software fixes
- Groom, execute and complete QA work items to align with development work items.
- Participate in escaped defect analysis reviews and implement corrective actions that are the outcome from the analysis
- Assist delivery team squad in application release delivery where needed
- Knowledge of various testing technologies such as; TestNG, REST Assured, Postman, Storybook or similar testing frameworks/technologies
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical issues through analysis and a variety of problem solving techniques
- Understanding of SDLC and software testing methodologies that contribute to the release of quality software
- Ability to work in a self organizing team, working on your own daily tasks in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated, passionate, and self-driven
- Value iterative progress over perfection
- Experience as a software developer in frontend/backend development
- Demonstrable experience performing data warehouse testing and verifying data integrity
- Knowledge of CI/CD process, in the particular area of build & deployment tools in a Kubernetes and Docker environment
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Otus is a “remote first” company. Our team works remotely from the comfort of their homes (HQ in Chicago)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈