Director of Quality Assurance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
With our rapid growth, Limelight Health's engineering team is seeking a Quality Assurance Director to lead our QA teams as we continue to grow as a company. This role will lead collaborative efforts with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders. The Quality Assurance Director will identify areas of improvement for the organization and implement quality improvement plans that help us to meet corporate quality goals.
As a hands-on leader, the Quality Assurance Director will build, lead and develop a team of quality professionals dedicated to testing complex enterprise solutions, directing the activity of Quality Assurance Managers and Quality Assurance Engineers, ensuring that testing is documented and performed in a manner consistent with established processes and standards
To be successful, you'll have an agile mindset, enjoy working with multiple teams, you love a challenge, and enjoy managing people.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Administer all global quality assurance activities and ensure adherence to all objectives for the organization
- Drive test automation as a core competency
- Lead cross-functional teams to define the software quality standards and metrics that will be used to evaluate the software development processes in the company
- Implement a scalable, automated test program that will measure and test to discover and eliminate bugs
- Ensure consistent system testing strategies are implemented across teams
- Creates a product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Leads test planning based on automated tests, manual gaps, development coverage, and risks
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor, measure, and report on software quality and delivery performance. Utilize KPI performance to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify, recommend, and implement automated testing improvements throughout the entire software development lifecycle to increase the speed, reliability, and manageability of the testing processes.
- Act as a player/coach and bring leadership and guidance to the software quality team across all facets of manual and automated testing efforts.
- Responsible for the career development and mentorship of the QA team members and for identifying staffing/hiring needs.
Qualifications (including Certifications & Education)
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in quality assurance inside software development organizations
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of QA Engineers
- Extensive knowledge of common, industry-leading testing methodologies and aware of when and where to use them.
- Extensive experience with agile software development processes, version control, configuration management, and release management.
- Hands-on experience with Java, Typescript, Selenium, Cucumber, and other testing and code quality tools and frameworks
- Proficiency in BitBucket/Git and JIRA for defect tracking, bug reporting and escalations and its application in agile development releases.
- Experience with Enterprise Saas products, preferably running in AWS.
- Experience in Insurance / Fintech / Healthcare/ Pharma or a similarly regulated industry is preferred
- Experience working in enterprise software development strongly preferred
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience with stress and performance testing is a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈