Director of Quality
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Looking to join one of the United States' fastest growing companies? Seeking a rewarding opportunity to positively impact the lives of others? Want to transform the image that our nation's healthcare system is “restraining,” “antiquated,” and “burdensome”? Look no further than eMBRY Health!
In early 2020, Raymond Embry witnessed the need for a more effective response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thousands of Arizonans fell ill daily. Communities across the state desperately sought testing services that local governments could not provide. Embry, a lifelong healthcare industry advocate, seized the moment. With fewer than ten employees, he created eMBRY Health to fill the testing void.
Over the last year, our company has experienced rapid growth due to the pressing need for COVID-19 testing services. Nearly 300,000 Arizonans have benefited from eMBRY Health's critical testing services, and we've wanted to offer such services nationwide. In just the last few weeks, eMBRY Health has expanded its national footprint and established testing sites in states such as Florida, Hawaii, Colorado, and Texas. Nearly 10,000 people get tested by visiting eMBRY Health testing sites daily in all markets.
In the next year, eMBRY Health envisions being fully operational with COVID-19 testing services in all 50 states. Not only do we want to expand testing services across the country, but we also want to keep broadening our healthcare offerings. Our mission is to provide high-quality, tailored healthcare to all regardless of age, gender, background, and insurance status. As part of our growth, eMBRY Health seeks to establish eMBRY Women's Health clinics, eMBRY Men's Health clinics, and eMBRY Aesthetics medical centers and day spas, in the states it will enter.
eMBRY Health is a destination for top-tiered clinical talent. It is also a nurse practitioner-centric organization founded by an NP. We are looking for strategic leaders with clinical and operational experience to be thought partners with expansion plans.
The Director of Quality is a part of the Clinical Delivery Team who will be responsible for directing all quality management activities of the team. He or she will develop strategic plans and policies for improved quality and work with top management to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. He or she will also create policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure while creating practical strategies and specific sub-function objectives.
- Model the adopted mission and core vision and values of the organization
- Oversee the quality of clinical programs and services through the Continuous Quality Improvement Process, driving excellence toward the organization's goals and objectives for clinical care
- Lead and facilitate ongoing CQI Core Committee meetings
- Design, operate and evaluate clinical processes to improve patient care and staff competency and training, including oversight of EHR clinical documentation optimization
- In conjunction with the executive team and program directors, establish clinical performance targets and metrics including clinical outcomes, patient safety, and patient satisfaction
- Measure and monitor performance against targets and benchmarks; assure achievement of clinical goals and objectives through a partnership with director peers
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Perform or oversee quality assurance audits to assess the degree to which clinical policies and procedures are being followed
- Initiate new policy and procedure process when needs are identified
- Responsible for the annual Policy review process
- In partnership with Human Resources, ensure appropriate policies and procedures are assigned to staff and updated as necessary
- Collect clinical outcomes and process data and perform analysis to support process improvement initiatives
- Ensure that clinical policies comply with standards of care and regulatory requirements and are updated to reflect any changes
- Develop clinical protocols and standing delegation orders with the Chief Nursing Officer and Medical Director.
- Serve as a member of the case review team alongside the CNO and Medical Director for potential peer reviews and participate in clinical performance improvement planning
- Provide feedback and action items to managers and directors for clinical incident resolution
- In collaboration with program directors and clinical education coordinator, design and ensure clinical competencies for all staff and volunteers
- Oversee clinical risk management and patient safety initiatives, and with director peers, ensure they are being followed
- Lead clinical excellence by pursuing and encouraging continuing education on advances and best practices in the field of sexual health; including attending national conferences, maintaining CE credits per licensure; educating staff and providers on key learnings
- Provide policy/procedure feedback and updates as necessary to reflect changes in industry standards and guidelines
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment within the organization
- Act as a guide for employees, volunteers, and peers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related industrial, scientific, or business field required; Master's degree preferred
- Eight to 10 years of related experience required with at least five years as a quality engineer or similar role highly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- NP/DNP Degree with a focus in Education & Clinical Quality
- Active NP License
eMBRY Health is committed to equal employment opportunity and recruits and hires applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. eMBRY Health will provide a reasonable accommodation for those with a disability to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈