C++ Quality Assurance Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: (CET) +/-03:00 time zone.
Join our team either remotely or in one of two locations, London or Zagreb. This role can be based in any location, preferably within the Central European Time (CET) +/-03:00 time zone.
The Memgraph Core Database Engine team is responsible for building the core database engine behind Memgraph. This includes developing in-memory and on-disk data structures and algorithms with a strong focus on graphs, networking, query optimization, and execution. Memgraph provides the unique benefit of building high-performance systems software in a rapid production environment with a small, dedicated and collaborative team.
As a C++ quality assurance engineer on the Core Database Engine team, you will be responsible for Memgraph testing and deployment of the core database engine behind Memgraph. This includes the design of key features, testing, and giving feedback for continuously improving the core of the graph database. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration in a pipeline that will perform automated quality checks and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. In this position, you will be empowered to leverage your technical, leadership, and business acumen.
- BSc college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
- Proficiency in Linux scripting (bash)
- Proficiency in testing and debugging in Linux system level C/C++
- Proficiency in Linux tooling and environment (gdb, perf, heaptrack, strace etc)
- Proficiency in C/C++ build systems (CMake, make)
- Experience in C++, with a fair knowledge of the language specification
- Experience testing C/C++ software
- Experience in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with management of different Linux distributions (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Familiarity with the latest C++ standards
- Always strives to expand their knowledge
- Deal well with challenging problems and ability to think abstractly
- An uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems
- Being comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Experience deploying database management systems
- Experience building high-performance applications
- Experience in distributed computing
- Previous experience in mentoring other engineers who are eager to learn from you.
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours & time off
- Equipment for your home office
- Home office budget for custom setup
- Monthly work from home allowance
- Flexible sick-leave policy
- Health insurance & 100% paid sick leave
- Gym membership allowance
- Employee referral incentives
- Dedicated time for research & learning
- Stock options.
We are a fast-growing startup in the enterprise software space focusing on developers and helping them solve some of the most complex problems out there using graphs. To depict the massive opportunity ahead, the graph database market is growing 100% year on year, and Gartner predicts the same growth in the future.
This job is a brilliant opportunity for anyone wanting to join still a fairly small, but highly ambitious and dynamic team of professionals, grow further within their area and beyond, have ownership over key aspects of the tech stack, and experience what a growing startup is.
Memgraph is backed by some amazing investors like M12 - Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Heavybit, Connect, and CounterView Capital. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in the UK and Zagreb, Croatia.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: (CET) +/-03:00 time zone..
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈