2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
As the VP Product at Crisp, you will help lead Crisp to become the ubiquitous SaaS Data Platform in the $20T global food industry.
One of your key strengths is the ability to bridge the gap between strategic vision, market feedback and a concrete product roadmap. As someone who constantly speaks to customers and is experienced in building data products, you are always thinking about what could (and should) be built next, while keeping your eye on the bigger picture and long-term play. You believe decisions often should be guided by data and metrics, but also recognize that bigger bets often need to rely on intuition and experience.
Having built successful SaaS data products in the past, you have a clear idea of the product end-game and how to incrementally get there.
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow your community.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working remotely while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for a VP Product
- Technical background. Managing the development of a data platform requires a well developed intuition about how data products work and how they should work. You have a solid understanding of data architecture, business intelligence, APIs and analytics.
- Platform mindset. You understand that it’s possible to build for users and developers at the time and you cherish opportunities to design things that can be used in ways you hadn’t foreseen.
- Principled with high integrity. People know you as someone who shares hard facts to help force explicit prioritization and disambiguate confusing situations. Your principled consistency makes your perspective valued by everyone, even when you can’t please everyone.
- Strategic and iterative. You see the big picture and communicate clearly where we are going, but you care deeply about delivering incremental value in iterations. Quality and user experience is of utmost importance to you, but you regularly compromise to strike the balance between a perfect solution and time constraints the business has.
- Metrics driven. Not all decisions can be data driven - sometimes well qualified guesses are required to build the right thing. But, you strive to always guide development and measure success with hard data.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈