VP of Product
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA and Europe only
Bodhala is looking for a VP of Product to join our executive team. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for both defining and executing our product roadmap, as well as building a world-class product team and collaborating cross-functionally. In addition to internal collaboration, you will work with external stakeholders including customers and community to identify new product opportunities.
You thrive in startup environments as both a manager and individual contributor. Whether it's writing user stories and requirements or building a team, you aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and execute.
As VP of Product, you will:
- Establish our product organization and team culture
- Own the product, from requirements to user experience and design.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, effectively managing expectations both internally and externally
- Work hand in hand with marketing to support successful GTM
- Work with customers and internal teams to understand user pain points and identify solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape to ensure we have market-leading, differentiated solutions
- Manage prioritization and agile development process
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to manage and report on the execution of daily, weekly and monthly deliverables
- Work with Engineering and QA to ensure they understand user stories, requirements, and acceptance criteria
- Support selection and implementation of advanced technologies, particularly those using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- 10+ years of experience in Product Management
- Create, cultivate, and own the product roadmap
- A track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects
- Outstanding analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for learning new technology, able to grasp market trends
- Great written and spoken communication skills; ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it simply to create a shared strategy for product success across and within teams and departments
- History of recruiting, managing and mentoring a strong team of product managers and designers.
- Highly-motivated, proactive, creative and self aware
- Strong background in B2B products that a) ingest, create, and productize data feeds, b) integrate and deliver complex data as easy-to-use analytics products, and c) utilize machine learning to generate meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Bonus: Experience with products designed for legal, procurement, and/or finance departments of complex enterprises including financial institutions and insurance companies.
Why work at Bodhala
- You will have a lot of responsibility, the ability to make an immediate direct impact, and many opportunities to advance your career.
- You will get first-hand experience of working for a well-funded early stage startup.
- Your dedication, ownership, and self-sustainability will be greatly valued.
- You will work with a team of extremely smart and talented people who value collaboration and hard work.
- We offer great benefits – best-in-class health, dental and vision coverage, a 401K match (with no required vesting period), a generous parental leave policy, commuter and fitness subsidies, an FSA program, and more!
- Competitive compensation, including a Long Term Incentive Plan.
Bodhala is a legal spend management platform founded to provide in-house counsel and their legal operations teams with spend optimization solutions and real-time market intelligence. Bodhala's platform applies data science, machine-learning, and AI to help companies find the right lawyer, at the right firm, for the right price. Founded by attorneys, the company serves customers across the Fortune 500 and critical services economy industries. Bodhala was recently named One to Watch in Legal Technology by the Financial Times and Legal Tech Innovation of 2020 by Legal Tech Breakthrough Awards.
Headquartered in New York City, Bodhala tripled its headcount last year and is positioned for continued fast-paced growth, with locations across the United States and in Europe.
Bodhala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Europe only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈