Technical Program Manager, Cloud Services
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite (Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad) provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. We're designing and building the future of infrastructure tooling.
About the role...
As part of the Technical Program Management team at HashiCorp, you'll plan and execute programs, strategic initiatives and manage operational aspects of software delivery. You'll also improve cohesion and establish great ways to work together with our cross-functional teams comprised of software development, operations, product delivery, customer success, and sales.You should have a strong appreciation for the scaling process while remaining lean and efficient, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Through your work program managing, defining workflows and processes, you'll enable scalability and greater efficiency, as well as overall engineering team health.
We are seeking a seasoned Technical Program Manager for our Cloud services operations. You will work with teams focused on service infrastructure and service reliability that supports our products and platform ensuring our customers’ seamless experience. This includes service engineering teams as well as supporting the infrastructure, services and tooling for the platform. You will collaborate with your peers to contribute to technical program management charter objectives.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex infrastructure and operations projects in a fast moving engineering environment.
- Persistently remove ambiguity and reduce complexity to ensure clarity around project goals, expectations and timelines.
- Ensure high availability of the platform through thoughtful monitoring, and release practices, and an efficient incident management system.
- Identify interdependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Enable cloud engineering teams to work with our support organization and security team to develop processes that are well documented and executed.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication to coordinate between engineering and project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall project health escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Establish, drive and continuously improve standards for processes that promote a high standard for product delivery and efficiency of teams.
You may be a good fit for the team if you have:
- You have 3+ years of experience managing through technical programs
- Prior engineering, infrastructure, or software development project management experience for Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps / Infrastructure domain
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and technical acumen.
- Proficiency and experience in delivering large scale infrastructure projects
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent at all levels
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-RS1
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈