Technical Product Manager, E-Commerce
F. Schumacher & Co.
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
This is a technical role within the Digital Product Management team.
Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim, and furnishings. In the past few years, the Digital Product Management team has brought the business to new heights with the addition of digital external- and internal-facing products.
The team is excited to add a highly organized, driven, and detail-oriented Technical Product Manager to its team to help us take this momentum to new heights, particularly on the e-commerce side. This person will work cross-functionally to help drive sales via our e-commerce platform and operational improvements across our company’s digital landscape - a key player in facilitating the implementation of new digital products and features with a team of Product Managers, UX Designers, and Engineers. Consequently, the job offers a tremendous opportunity of freedom to experiment with your ideas along the way.
To succeed, our Technical Product Manager will be motivated by the interplay of business, technology, elegant design, and user experience, capable of moving fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and understanding the complexity that comes with building amazing digital products.
- Define digital product strategy to optimize the end user experience and clearly articulate rationale behind technical product decisions
- Be a key driver in bringing e-commerce capabilities to the next level
- Lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch in collaboration with Engineering, BI, Finance, and Merchandising partners
- Gather and document all requirements from stakeholders to then translate into technical requirements
- Define and document project and feature scope through the technical product development lifecycle
- Write extremely detailed user stories and acceptance criteria in collaboration with Engineering
- Own the sprint planning process and collaborate with Engineering to constantly improve it
- Manage the technical product backlog for both customer facing and internal tools
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on business rules and application integration in our enterprise
- Collaborate with departments like Marketing, Sales, Merchandising, and Licensing to investigate and prioritize new business opportunities across the company’s digital landscape
- Required: 3+ years of e-commerce technical product management experience, ideally in a start-up environment
- Born collaborator with a lot of empathy and the ability to work across multiple creative and functional departments
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can take initiative without a lot of direction
- Effective communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Superb project and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to both think strategically for long-term vision, as well as operate in the details of short-term projects
- Highly analytical and able to make data-driven decisions
- Interested in interior design/luxury markets
F. Schumacher & Co is a 131-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
The applicant needs to be based and authorized to work in the United States.
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈