Technical Product Manager
4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Americas Only
As the Technical Product Manager of the Aprende Institute Learning Platform, you'll sit at the intersection of technology, business, and operations. You will help define the future of our learning platform experience, work with engineering to design solutions that enable our team to scale and to solve problems, and ultimately play a huge role in the evolution and success of not just our learning platform, but our go-to-market strategy and ability to scale.
As a Technical Product Manager, you'll be charged with defining the "how" for new products, backed by both actionable roadmaps and operational insights, collaborating with stakeholders and engineers to design solutions, while always thinking first of our customers' needs. You’ll be responsible for identifying and managing product requirements, prioritizing engineering team’s work on features and bugs, and supporting feature launch and rollout processes. You’ll hold the vision that will be executed by the agile team. The Technical Product Manager is also responsible for understanding and developing fleshed out features with Product Marketing Managers, working with the engineering team during grooming sessions to translate those features into user stories, and validating the feature before release. You’ll have the ability to shape the future of our products through your insights, analysis and ability to communicate and realize a vision.
What you will be doing
- Help define the product development roadmap for the evolution of the learning platform, with input from business stakeholders
- Serve as a primary point of contact for one or more of our development Agile teams
- Create, maintain, prioritize and sequence the team backlog according to business value and existing commitments
- Work with the other Product and User Experience teams to provide detailed guidance and prioritization during the product development process in an Agile environment
- Assist with the elaboration of Epics, and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint
- Assist the product, engineering, and scrum team during regular ceremonies: feature review, grooming, sprint plans and demos by being the voice of the customer and communicating the value behind each product and prioritization decision
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint to accept or reject work done
- Conduct user acceptance testing on features and bug fixes before they are released, ensuring the high quality of products that are being delivered to customers
- Communicate to Leadership, Customer Success, Support and other stakeholders rollout plans, feature details and bug status updates
- Highly independent and can make key decisions and judgments on own
- Fully bilingual (Spanish and English) - We have US, Mexico, and Colombia based teams and vendors and both languages are a must
- Comfortable working closely with Engineering and experience with Agile development teams
- Experience with the implementation, management of courses, lessons, and assessments in a high traffic LMS.
- Technical acumen to understand the data architecture and data exchange protocols such as APIs, Web Services, Web Hooks, etc…
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to keep multiple groups and teams on the same page and explain complex information to internal stakeholders in a straight forward manner i.e., leadership, operations, and technology teams to accomplish project goals.
- Be familiar with Scrum/Agile and able to break down requirements/epics/user stories into manageable and executable chunks as well as experience participating in daily scrum meetings in the product owner role.
- Google Analytics, or a similar behavior measurement platform experience - You should be familiar with how to define requirements to use these platforms to collect insights from a web/app based product.
- Experience with developing and managing hosted/open source (ie. Moodle) Learning Management Systems.
- Whatsapp Business API - Many of our students are based in LATAM where Whatsapp is the default way to communicate with our students.
- Sparkcentral or similar messaging distribution platforms that aggregate Webchat, Whatsapp, and Facebook Messenger
- Experience coordinating training for multisite contact centers that provide service and support to a student base across the Americas.
- Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Americas Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈