Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Management
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
A pillar of Upwork growth strategy is to connect freelancers and clients around the world with sophisticated machine learning models and advanced business insights with the exploration of the data. The Data Platform Services team is re-imagining our data platform and processes to support growing customer and product analysis. These insights enable Upwork teams to make the right decisions to drive activity and growth on our site!
As a Senior Technical Product Manager of Data Management at Upwork, you will work at the intersection of Product, Analytics, Engineering, Marketing, Executives and other teams to build out Upwork’s end-to-end platform for analytics and insights. This is an exciting opportunity to balance the strategy, governance, and implementation of anything data-related, and facilitate the conversations between all impacted stakeholders who consume and create the data. Our team includes outstanding talent around the world, many sourced from the Upwork marketplace!
- Work closely with business partners to deeply understand their highest impact analytical needs and help to frame them as cross-functional company initiatives. Define roadmap, cross team results and program success metrics and drive execution of initiative roadmap across teams.
- Create user stories and requirement documentation for use by data and product engineering teams to build new features on Upwork’s data platform. Ensure viability of requirements through upfront data analysis and understanding of business models and processes.
- Drive on-going prioritization of projects and features, trade-off discussions and communication of timelines and status to all partners.
- Support the day-to-day operations by triaging issues, validating data, support business questions and communications. Create end user documentation for your data domains.
- Work with Upwork’s product and data engineering teams to ensure source systems and reporting data layer meets analytics needs. Drive standards in data capture with multiple engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience in a variety of Technical Data Product Management roles leading highly cross functional data initiatives such as Customer Data Platform or Product Master. Prefer combination of technical and business roles, especially in two-sided marketplace business models.
- Track record of translating requirements of large data initiatives into smaller, actionable pieces that can be delivered in increments across technical and business tracks/resources.
- Demonstrated business results as result of data capabilities you have delivered.
- Rich knowledge of event collection and data processing technologies, such as Snowplow, real-time data pipeline and reporting, and AWS-based big data technologies. Experienced SQL writer.
- Attention to detail combined with drive. You take ownership of projects and take pride in seeing them through to full completion.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈