Senior Technical Product Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
🏰 What we’re building
After creating custom payment systems in-house at previous companies and realizing the pain of keeping these ad-hoc solutions up to date, we started asking how other businesses were handling their business-to-business payment needs.
We spent 9 months conducting over 300 customer development interviews and came up with a framework to build the simplest way to send and receive B2B payments. Three years later, we have a product that we are proud of and a healthy list of happy customers, but we are really just getting started.
We are a small, but quickly growing engineering first startup with our team working remotely from a city they love! ❤️ Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We’ll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact.
🔮 Product Management at Routable
You would be our fourth product manager here at Routable. As part of a product development team, you will work closely with design, QA, and engineering to help shape our product development and engineering culture. In addition to bringing great product to our customers and moving the business forward, this is also a unique opportunity to influence how to build an amazing product that customers love.
🔍 Key Areas of Focus
- Ramp up your expertise in the business payments domain to a develop deep understanding and empathy for our customer’s pain points
- Obtain comprehensive product knowledge about how our product works today, and opinions about where it should go
- Work closely with our prospects and customers to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Develop a deep understanding around our business goals and how they correlate to our product roadmap
- Understand business constraints and where to best place our investments
- Keep our product development on track to hit our objectives, by understanding any interdepencies, surfacing any blockers, and serving as a continuous feedback loop for the team
- Own the backlog, prioritize it effectively, and be responsible for the successful delivery of new software, including capturing dependencies and highlighting potential roadblocks
- Partner closely with design and technical leads when creating and validating prototypes that solve key customer problems
- Partner closely with design and technical leads when creating a technical specification for implementation, making sure that it is technically feasible, hits business goals in a timely manner, and really creates value for the customer
- Be a true champion of accurately scoping work
- And, ultimately, take responsibility for moving the company forward through excellent product that’s reliably shipped and commercialized to our customers
🕵️♀️ Who we’re looking for
- You love to build systems, processes and tools
- You are a master in collaborating with teams across the organization
- You are a highly skilled communicator
- You are data driven
- You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills
- You love to support others, and know that you succeed when your team thrives
- You are a quick learner, and hungry for product expertise
- You are thrilled about working in a fast-paced start-up environment, where you get to help create the future of the company and take responsibility for what that looks like
- The ideal candidate has experience designing and influencing product development processes and team topology, as well as demonstrated experience supporting peer product managers
💻 Need to have
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Product Manager, that is, working closely with cross-functional counterparts to ship impactful, technically complex software
- 3+ years experience working with JIRA and other product management tools
- 3+ years experience analyzing product metrics, funnels and making data driven decisions
- Experience with managing remote software development teams
- An analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous environment, and manage projects through to delivery
- Strong product development lifecycle understanding
- Strong people and project management skills
- Empathy and the ability to connect with others on many levels
- Sound business intuition and solid technical judgement in project planning and decision making
- High oral and written communication proficiency
- You’ve contributed code and/or design to a live product that serviced thousands of users
➕Nice to have
- Experience managing SaaS product development
- Experience with financial products or services
- You know how to code
- You have demonstrated experience partnering closely with senior engineering colleagues, such as principal engineers, on complex technical migrations or architecture decisions
We are a remote friendly culture!
Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can literally work from wherever!
To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up quarterly as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities!
In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin.
We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices.
During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems.
Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room.
Yeah.. We love to compete together as a team.
We encourage our team to relax and recharge each weekend.
We’ve all been a part of startups before, and know how important it is to take care of yourself so that you can consistently contribute your best.
Quality downtime enables quality uptime.
Yes, we do have super-humans on the team, but even they need their R&R.
🏥 Amazing health insurance
😁 Dental insurance
👀 Vision insurance
📈 Stock options
🚀 We're a remote team
📅 Unlimited PTO
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈