Senior Product Owner
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
At TCGplayer the Product Team plays a crucial organizational role. This team defines features, plans roadmaps and oversees implementation for every product at TCGplayer. The Product Team acts in a cross-functional leadership role when working with all of the different departments (Technology, Marketing, CSR, Sales, etc.) across TCGplayer, and unites them in order to deliver the company's vision and strategy.
As a Senior Product Owner, you will influence our product roadmaps, bringing new features to our community of gamers.. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll out products that support the company’s goals. This specific role will be responsible for slaying legacy infrastructure and building new cutting edge services that allow TCGplayer to easily handle our large scale while also setting the company up for success scaling the business in the future. You will be responsible for laying the groundwork that will fortify and accelerate the rest of the business. If you like making things grow and scale, delighting customers, have a disdain for technical debt, and can clearly and persuasively articulate “Why” something must get done, this is the job for you.
- Collaborate and direct a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on clearly defined objectives
- Work closely with engineering, product, and business teammates to find solutions that meet the needs of the business at large, external customers, and internal teams
- Communicate the “why” behind product features in a manner clearly understandable to all teams
- Analyze stakeholder feedback to determine features or components that will add value to the products you are responsible for
- Communicate with stakeholders to obtain information on expected product features and feedback on existing or planned features
- Create, prioritize and groom the Product backlog
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria for the backlog, as well as various documentation for the company overall
- Conduct sprint planning sessions with the teams to prioritize upcoming work
- Monitor, measure, and communicate everything; from the progress of product development to results after launch to sunsetting a feature or product line
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Owner or Manager, designing and developing software solutions
- Experience working in a software development environment with software teams using Agile SDLC methodologies
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on technical experience in software development and web technologies
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience directing a team to deliver a successful project
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage with the majority of the premium paid by the Company.
- 100% company paid dental insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈