Senior Product Owner
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
What you’ll do
In a few words…
The title does not come with Senior without reason. A Senior Product Owner is top detective. Your attention to detail and sharp observational skills help you understand and see what others can’t and that’s why your “Senior” title is well deserved. Working in the analysis phase of the requirements/system development cycle, a product owner consults with users to determine business requirements, identify operating procedures, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare specifications from which programs will be written. Defining business processes is elementary to you, Detective Holmes.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Provide coaching in product analysis and agile disciplines
- Coordinate product analysis logistics
- Create, update, enhance, or refine business requirements documents (BRDs).
- Create, update, enhance, or refine use cases and test cases
- Translate ideas into requirements (Hint: Google won’t help you here.)
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts
- Document and assist with user acceptance tests to ensure that documented requirements and business needs are being met
- Create full documentation of actual processes and future processes of the company, departmental policies and procedures, and software application manuals
- Talk the talk so you can gather project requirements with internal/external clients and technology teams
- Prepare extensively detailed documentation of business requirements, use cases, and test cases
- Assist other Product Analysts and Product Managers
- Oversee the process of defining requirements and processes to assess the need to help identify solutions for business needs
- Help execute cross-functional projects.
- Analyze business solution options
- Understand the applications supported and their upstream/downstream impact
- Determine feasibility of business requirements and recommend changes to support business needs and processes.
- Evaluate current system processes and identify possible solution options for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality. (You’re always looking to improve stuff.)
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, Developers, and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Ensure that system solution options are thoroughly researched, analyzed and documented. (We know one can never research enough, but as long as it’s thorough...)
- Provide support to Quality Assurance on development of test approaches.
- Provide support to Applications Development through participation in Design Reviews.
- Create project estimates and resource plans for systems solutions.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 5+ years of experience in Product Owner, Product Analysis, Business Analysis, and/or System Analysis.
- 2+ years of experience with pharmacy claims processing.
- Computer proficiency. Your Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are Jedi level.
- Basic Knowledge in SQL, data elements and relational databases.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, meme, wish, and curse) in English. Spanish is a plus!
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Challenge Accepted: You love a challenge. In fact, you get bored if not challenged, and that’s good, because we will challenge you to be the best.
- Leader/Mentor: You like it when people succeed and even more when it’s someone from your team. You advise, counsel, guide, teach, preach, and overreach, sprinkling your pixie dust so everyone can shine.
- Organization Guru: You crave organization like sugar, color-code everything, and messes make you crazy.
- Detailed: Nothing gets by you and you rarely forget a thing. When learning some new procedure, you’re the type to take notes. When everyone else is still lost, you’re already at the next steps. Others count on this skill of yours. Maybe due to your detailed nature, you are also exquisitely good at planning. You like to make plans and follow through, meticulously.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Obviously because this is an “analyst” position, but even if you weren’t applying, you’d still be trying to analyze why we write these the way we do and how they could be better.
- Customer Service: Your attention to detail focuses on the customer so you know what they need even before they do. You manage difficult emotional customer situations with grace, meet commitments, and respond to service and assistance requests.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈