Senior Product Manager, Talent Lifecycle
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Application Platform Management team is charged with delivering enterprise grade tools & platform services that enable marketplace experiences for accounts of all sizes.
We do this through a combination of automated processes and by delivering tools that enable agent investigations. We are looking for a user-focused product expert to design and help build the back office systems that our agents, and others across Upwork, rely on. These systems facilitate exceptional customer experiences and provide the basis for further automation and business scale. You’ll partner closely with Engineering, Operations teams, Analytics and other cross-functional partners to build a foundation for operational excellence and superb customer experience.
- Develop nuanced insights into what is needed for agents to serve and protect Upwork customers
- Define a bold vision and strategy for building the back office systems our agents use
- Align key stakeholders in Product and Engineering around an ambitious systems roadmap
- Execute and deliver quality systems that take our customer experience and protections up a level
- Ensure our agents have the tools to label data so our Engineers can build and refine our models
What it takes to catch our eye:
- At least 2 years of experience in product management, engineering, or technology consulting
- Prior experience designing and/or building internal tools for operations teams in any industry
- Success in running complex and multi-faceted programs from conception to completion
- An obsession for generating great results with scarce resources
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to ensure deadlines are met and solutions are executed
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience in designing, implementing and testing technology-enabled operations processes
- Proven track record of identifying and developing solutions to improve customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders across a variety of functional areas.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments where you manage priorities across multiple simultaneous projects
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!