Senior Product Manager - Sustainability
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
- Deliver requirements, roadmaps, pricing, and packaging of packaged analytics products for Descartes Labs Sustainability use cases
- Work with our applied scientists and our engineers to develop hypotheses, prototypes, and repeatable offerings that incorporate customer data as well as our own datasets to drive new insights for our Sustainability use cases
- Work with Sales and Marketing on go-to-market strategies for new products
- Conduct research with customers and prospects to understand their decision making processes, needs, and gaps, the types of data they need, and identify common patterns that pair valuable data and algorithms for new products
- Work with our Data and Partnerships teams on identifying value for additional datasets on the platform to augment the DL Catalog and packaged offerings
- Work with business unit leadership on the future product vision for Sustainability at DL
- Work with Product Marketing Managers on product/feature launches: blog posts, release notes, webinars
- Define, track and interpret key business success metrics for the products you own
- Own cross-functional interactions for your products and features (across engineering/marketing/field/sales/partnerships)
- 5-7 years of experience in a product management, sustainability focused role
- Solid understanding of the objectives and decision making processes for corporate sustainability initiatives and CPG companies
- Professional experience in sustainability and SaaS
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience managing complex projects with explicit deadlines
- Ability to quickly grasp and translate technical concepts and details
- Experience with customer interactions related to software products, product definition, success metrics, feature prioritization, and guidance of engineering and design work to deliver a polished market-ready product
- Product management experience (inbound, outbound, cross-functional processes)
- Working knowledge of geospatial and/or remote sensing technology, products, and data
- Experience with programming, data analysis, or scripting languages
- Advanced experience with platforms, APIs, SaaS architecture
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egos are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and paid time off
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈