Senior Product Manager, MQL Experience
8 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
The ideal candidate has a background in Computer Science with experience in API development/management and has closely worked with developer communities in the past to capture feedback, define API strategy, and roadmap. We expect you to be a polyglot and fast learner having contributed to at least one of the broader language ecosystems (preferably, Java, Node, .NET or Python) and proficient in at least one data analysis and manipulation language (preferably MQL, GraphQL or SQL variants).
- Lead the MQL team to the best product decisions with data analysis from internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and market studies required to deliver a seamless experience to developers writing applications on MongoDB platform
- Keep the pulse on software engineering trends and advocate for new languages, frameworks etc. to be added to our portfolio, gain a deep understanding of relevant developer personas, their use cases and unique concerns to ensure our work exceeds their expectations
- Develop a deep understanding of how existing APIs are being used by customers and drive the decisions around improving or deprecating and retiring existing APIs
- Drive coordination across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and executive leadership
- Passionately advocate for our customers about performance, usability, and security
- Provide an unparalleled customer experience by driving new features, marketing programs, customer surveys, partnerships, pricing and technical documentation
- Work with adjacent products to ensure each initiative delivers maximum impact to customers across our data platform
- Proven experience working in the software industry as a product manager with at least 2 years spent in managing APIs and/or programming languages
- Solid technical skills — our users are developers, DBA's, SysAdmins, etc. Our product managers must be just as technical and have knowledge in these areas to better advocate for our users; while not expected to write production code, be comfortable with diving into new code, learning from existing examples, exploring APIs, triaging bugs, analyzing support cases, and speaking authoritatively on any of the technical aspects of the tools in your portfolio
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to distill customer use cases and requirements, write comprehensive business cases and execute on them
- Professional experience in the domains of distributed systems, databases and cloud technologies is a huge plus
- Sc. in technical field , Computer Science preferred
Nice to have
- Demonstrated success in leading a product that targets developers
- Demonstrated success as a product manager on a fast-paced, growing team
- Self-starter who enjoys challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Sc. or Ph.D. in relevant domain
- In 3 months you will be fully versed in the MongoDB Platform and all of its component parts
- In 6 months you will understand and be able to clearly communicate the needs of the stakeholders you will be managing
- In 9 months you will be using that understanding to direct the engineering roadmap and ensure the successful release and use of new features by our customers
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈