Senior Product Manager - Financial Crime Investigations
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York City, Singapore and Tokyo. We are backed by SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
We are looking for a product manager to join our product-engineering organisation who believes in a customer-centric approach to product development. We believe that the fastest route to great products is to involve the customer in every stage of the process, enabling us to fail quickly and cheaply so that we can afford to fail and learn often. We want a product manager who will nurture customer relationships through transparent and clear communication. We are looking for somebody who always tackles the biggest risk first, who falls in love with problems, not solutions, who makes decisions with data, and who sees the engineering and data teams as the essential partners for creative problem-solving.
In this role you will be responsible for product managing new and existing financial crime investigations products, used by compliance professionals, law enforcement, and regulators to better understand the cryptocurrency ecosystem. You will work closely with our leading customers to deeply understand their problems, with leaders across Elliptic to understand our business requirements, and with a team of engineers to find solutions that leverage our world-leading data asset, helping to set the standard in the industry for cryptocurrency intelligence.
- Enable customers to investigate suspicious cryptocurrency activity through intuitive solutions which meet business goals.
- Live, embed, and enable the Elliptic values.
- Deeply understand our customers' investigation use cases through regular user research with compliance teams, law enforcement, regulators, and internal researchers. Identify their needs, their pains, how they think, and how they buy.
- Deeply understand the product data: how are the investigations products being used, why people are buying (or not), where issues are arising, and where insights can be drawn.
- Deeply understand the role that the investigations products play in our business. Know how their evolution will influence our success. Know the key internal stakeholders and their requirements across sales, customer success, engineering, policy, legal, and finance.
- Deeply understand our market and industry. Know what effect new trends in crypto, financial crime, or regulation will have on product requirements. Follow the competitive landscape, as well as the complementary ecosystem.
- Establish a strategy, define measurable goals, quickly iterate and track progress through instrumentation.
- Prioritise and then articulate decisions and rationale with clarity to keep stakeholders informed.
- Partner closely with the engineering leads to enable them to find innovative solutions to customer problems, and make decisions together.
- Partner closely with Product Marketing to define product positioning and value.
- Work with the product leadership to establish a shared product vision and strategy across Elliptic by building consensus between commercial and technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in Product Management or Engineering, working within technical teams (e.g. building Enterprise SaaS or data products)
- Experience building product plans from a business strategy, and executing the plan from conception, through research, to successfully solving the problem, driving product vision, defining a go-to-market strategy which meets commercial goals, and leading design discussions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and distill disparate data into coherent insights.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Strong focus on personal development, with $1,000 per annum personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment: We understand that flexibility is the key to maintaining a healthy work-life balance, especially at the moment. We’re working remotely right now and are carefully considering our strategy for remote working in the longer term
- Social events, which include monthly team lunch on us, quarterly full day events and an annual company 3-day event - this year these are taking place virtually
Ensuring that individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities feel welcome at Elliptic is an ongoing priority for us. We really believe that diverse thinking, cultures, and experiences enable us to solve problems in new ways, benefiting both Elliptic and our customers.
We know that some candidates may be less likely to apply for a job unless they meet all the requirements and we also recognise that “traditional” office hours aren’t always doable, especially during the pandemic. If you want to work for Elliptic and you are excited by this role, we would love to hear from you.
And you get to be part of a business with a purpose, working with a passionate team of mission-driven people who will stretch and challenge you!
No recruitment agencies please!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈