Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Founded by fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
The data platform at Orum is the backbone of all of our products and it also powers all of our business intelligence. We use Databricks and write models in R, Python and Scala. Our technical stack includes Spark, AWS Athena and Glue, Scala, and DynamoDB. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager (Data Platform) who likes the challenge of the 0-1 phase of a company and handles the unknowns by leaning into the work, not out. We are an early stage company, the successful hire will be comfortable with a fast pace, many unknowns and rapid customer growth.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Manage the product roadmap and all related agile rituals (e.g sprint planning, retros, etc) for a team of data scientists and ML and data engineers
- Lead a roadmap for the Data Platform and will also work cross functionally with other PMs to ensure coordinated delivery on intersecting OKRs
- Write PRDs and you will translate those requirements into epics and user stories
- Be responsible for setting delivery timelines and ensuring on-time and predictable product delivery from the Data Platform teams
- Connect Data Science work with ML and data engineering through your Data Platform roadmap so that the foundation infrastructure needed from engineering is completed to accommodate upcoming DS roadmap items -- this infrastructure enables distributed computation, real-time monitoring, and scalable client onboarding.
- Build a Data Platform roadmap to include Analytics and coordinate inputs from business and client facing teams to ensure Orum’s BI layer is maturing to meet our operating needs
- Collaborate intimately with other internal teams such as Revenue and Customer Experience. Your partnership and ability to drive consensus in a group will be critical to our ability to achieve our objectives .
- You have a data science background and believe that data is the unlock for all great products.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager; 2+ years with Data Science and Data Platforms
- A data science background and the deep rooted belief that data is the unlock for all great products
- You are knowledgeable in R, Python, Scala, Databricks, Airflow, ML Flow, AWS Glue
- You have experience with scaling data science models across use cases and customers
- You are naturally curious and will self-teach in areas where you are less experienced, you have a commitment to learning as an on-going process
- You are feedback obsessed: You approach a difference of opinion or an opportunity to give and receive feedback with an open mind and view it as an opportunity to learn
- You operate with a “good vibes only” mindset and brings a can-do outlook
- You have exceptional communication skills and the ability to understand machine learning approaches
- Experience with ACH and NACHA operating rules a plus
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈