Senior Product Manager, B2B
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
There are very few roles that genuinely offer the opportunity to own a product that has established its market fit whilst still being in its formative stage, at a company that is backed by early investors in some of the most successful, transformative companies in its sector, creating solutions that empower entrepreneurs to focus on changing the world.
As the first product hire at Uncapped you will do exactly that, at the intersection of the exhilarating worlds of technology start-ups and Venture Capital. Working directly with inspirational SME co-founders your role will be hugely impactful, shaping and executing the vision in a fast-growing company of limitless potential.
Role Overview 🚀
We’re looking for an aspiring, entrepreneurial Senior B2B Product Manager who will champion the voice of the user, and play a pivotal role in devising new products and services that keep Uncapped at the forefront of flexible start-up funding, where we currently invest more broadly than most other VC-funding models currently operating in the UK.
To us, product management combines creativity with data analysis and advanced numeracy. A natural pragmatist, you will balance the dual importance of strategic thinking with assessing and mitigating risk to both user and edge cases. You will understand how to prioritise and how to explain the benefits and implications of inevitable trade-offs.
This role suits someone both aspirational and independent, someone demonstrably passionate about our product and how it is revolutionizing the way start-ups are funded, someone with the natural capacity for critical and ‘first principles’ thinking. You will have a bias to action and pride yourself on having an impact from day one.
Your Mission ✍️
- Distil the co-founders’ product vision into a long-term strategy, in support of company objectives
- Build an ambitious, achievable product roadmap, including milestones and deliverables
- Define the key metrics for success; Quantify and communicate what excellence looks like and introduce methods of tracking
- Own the definition and captaincy of product OKRs
- Support engineering leaders in allocation of resource, being mindful of the competing needs of shipping new products vs optimising the experience for existing customers
- Introduce and advocate continual user feedback and communicate findings across the company
- Create a compelling narrative about our products and services, positioning us as a market-leader in the field
Product managers with a background in SME lending, challenger banks, and other disruptive fintechs will be at a natural advantage in this role. Those who understand the needs of ecommerce and saas businesses will also have a head-start - maybe you have run a shopify store, and therefore understand what will make our product stickier and help us stand out from the competition as our proposition develops. Or it could be that you have delivered payment solution products for a supplier or in-house.
What skills you’ll need ⚒
- A number of years solid product management experience in high growth environments, completing a minimum of one product development cycle from inception to launch for real-world use
- Strong product management fundamentals, from user research and design, through experimentation, testing and iteration, and with a healthy commitment to post-production retrospective analysis and continual improvement
- Accurate estimation; Thoughtful allocation and project management of resources
- Make trade-offs while prioritizing and planning your and the engineering team’s work bearing in mind the company’s priorities and values
- Proven experience as an inspirational leader of teams, and the appetite to either support or challenge the co-founders as the situation dictates
- Extraordinary ability to collaborate with others in resolving issues and finding solutions
- Great communication and presentation skills
Additional characteristics we expect our entire team to demonstrate:
- Adaptability and flexibility in the ever-changing world of a start-up
- Ambition and a can-do mindset when faced with new challenges
- Self-motivation and a sense of pride in achieving ambitious goals independently
- An appetite for learning
- Comfort challenging others and being challenged; we believe in continuous improvement and want you to be part of informing that
At Uncapped, we believe it’s our people who make us successful. We are a startup with big ambitions and we work hard, so we want to give our people the benefits that they really want. We’re constantly adding to this as new people join but here’s a list of the sorts of things you can expect:
- Competitive compensation plan + Company pension
- Personal growth fund - Raise your game from great to spectacular
- Flexible working - Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
- Generous holidays - 30 days to see the world (send us a postcard)
- Your birthday off - Enjoy your special day on us
- Annual retreat abroad - Connect with your team on a paid staff trip
- Weekly recognition and awards - Celebrate wins big and small
- Workspace fit for you - Get €300 to improve your home office
- Opportunity to make a big impact every day on the lives of European entrepreneurs!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈