Senior Product Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About us: First Boulevard is a Digitally native, unapologetically Black, neobank built to eradicate the wealth gap in America. Black America has been underbanked, unbanked and underserved for centuries. First Boulevard empowers Black America to take control of their $1.4T in annual economic impact while also being fully inclusive and welcoming of all other communities.
The Senior Product Manager is one of the first hires of the Product team. This individual will assist the Head of Engineering and Product in creating a successful iteration of the First Boulevard product. A successful individual in this role is a customer-centric individual who will constantly push the envelope for innovation in our space allowing First Boulevard to be best of breed in the fintech space.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Perform competitive and marketplace analysis
- Define and deliver on various OKRs
- Manage and prioritize features and requests
- Constantly communicate with the appropriate stakeholders through various channels
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, customer support, and engineering to build a rational, focused product roadmap
- Identify opportunities for innovation and bring them to life
- Constantly connect with customers through user research and usability testing
- Interact and collaborate with engineering to answer questions
- Test and log any bugs you find within the product
- Think through all the possible edge cases for an experience
- Shepherd product features through analysis, definition, and prioritization based on ROI and customer value
- Work with design and engineering to bring your vision to life
- Create process flows as needed
- Review APIs, define the user experience, and construct the associated product user stories and acceptance criteria
- Define metrics to evaluate the success of product features or opportunities
- Document the latest product updates and training the appropriate team members where necessary
- Help recruit, train and build a strong Product team
Note this version of Product can be different from other companies. At First Boulevard our Product team digs into the HOW something is going to built in addition to the WHAT. We don't create high-level use cases and then throw it over the wall to Engineering, we work closely with Engineering to understand the limitations, complexity and logic behind the technology we're using to ensure we're building the best possible experience for our users, and we always come with a strong perspective!
If you're ready to dig in, talk to users, build process flows, outline detailed experiences and see your vision come to life, we'd love to welcome you to the team!
Qualifications & Skills Required :
- A strong Product Management track record with a portfolio of multiple intuitive and profitable applications that you have previously led
- Experience with wireframe and prototyping tools, backlog management tools, storyboards, and road mapping
- Have an innate ability to empathize with end-users and create software that users love
- User interview, surveying and/or usability test experience
- Extremely detail-oriented, a recent practitioner of shipping product
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable product plans that drive product development
- Ability to make hard product decisions quickly and communicate appropriately
- A master storyteller
- An entrepreneurial spirit focused on outcomes and not just pretty features
- Data-influenced management style. While we would love to have data directing our path every step of the way, we know it's unrealistic. So you must be able to push for the data when it really matters and balance customer needs with business needs.
- Have strong listening, influencing, and communication skills; ability to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner
- Agile delivery experience
- Financial services / payments experience
- Experience with mobile apps
- Prior Product team creation and mentorship
- Design skills
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈