Senior Product Manager
5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
We are: Shogun, a powerful page builder platform for eCommerce stores, and we're on a mission to empower anyone to easily create high converting eCommerce pages, through a delightful product experience.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’re backed by Initialized Capital, and we have over 10,000 active paying clients.
We are looking for: A Senior Product Manager to join our team and help drive the design of our product.
We need someone that is comfortable being hands on with the entire design product development process, identifying problems and championing them through the design and development process. You will work closely with our Director of Design on conceptualizing and implementing changes to our product that will drive an increase in trial conversion, and customer success.
- Understand our business strategy and deliver features/products that Shogun clients love.
- Deeply understand the product problems that you are tackling through user research and speaking with clients. Define and re-frame user problems for the team.
- Manage the roadmap—understand and prioritize potential projects from various inputs (user research, client support data, competitive analysis) so the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- Collaborate with the founders, designers, and engineers to imagine the future and define solutions to big problems.
- Define a product scope that is focused on the most important use cases with a focus on getting it into users hands as quickly as possible.
- Define quantitative and qualitative success metrics and constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through these measures, both before and after it’s released.
- Deliver world-class software—maintain the quality of the product that your team is responsible for.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
- Have experience in a Product Manager role.
- Have a strong design background, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts (or have analyzed data yourself).
- You’re entrepreneurial—you're self-driven and you default to action.
- You’re organized, not ad hoc.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Benefits (Health and PTO)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Examples of your product work that impacted real results.
- A short note explaining why you're a good fit for this role.
- Our team is fully distributed and global (check out our team page). We have no office. You should be comfortable with remote work.
- Sometimes we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, equity, and consideration, regardless of location.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!