Project Manager, Agency
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Americas Only
Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Pixel Union is looking for a Project Manager to cover a 6-month contract within our Agency division. While this position would start as a contract, there is the potential to develop into a full-time employee.
As our Project Manager, you'll be responsible for taking on a multi-million dollar project with the Government of BC. Reporting to our Project Management Lead, you'll work as the project's guide, collaborating closely with key stakeholders as well as our internal project team. As someone who has superior organizational skills, you'll own our project management process from start to finish, and leverage your understanding of various project management methodologies to adapt to different situations. Utilizing your expert communication skills, you’ll continuously update the team on the project's status and changes as they come.
Success in this role requires being detail-oriented, having a high level of organizational skills to create successful project baselines, and clear communication to ensure project delivery. You'll also need to be confident in juggling multiple priorities and managing teams to ensure the project is kept on track.
As a Pixel Union Project Manager, you'll…
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery, including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, managing project budget, creating project charters and schedules, managing scope change requests, and estimating project timelines, effort and costs
- Ensure project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies
- Maintain detailed status and project log reports on each project to present to our project team and external stakeholders
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solving on highly complex problems, challenging guidelines when necessary
- Able to provide effective briefings, seminars and presentations, to both small and large audiences
- PMP designation or equivalent years of experience or education
- A solid understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Strong writing, presentation, analytical skills as well as supreme attention to detail
- Ability to lead the project planning process
- Adaptability and resilience in response to changing work environments and demands
- Exhibits critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication
- The ability to create and maintain clear and open communication channels for clients and internal teams
- Experience using project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, Clubhouse, and Harvest Forecast
If you have these skills that's a huge plus!
- Certified Scrum Master Training or experience acting as a Scrum Master within a project team
- Domain knowledge of themes across any digital platform
- Experience working with Shopify or other ecommerce platforms
- Knowledge of the Disciplined Agile toolkit
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around fun, good people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth into a full-time position
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
We are a remote-first work environment and leverage our online resources to collaborate and connect. As long as you have a strong internet connection, we'll ensure you've got the equipment and resources you need to flourish on our dynamic team! We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace.
Please note that due to the nature of client-facing work in an Agency setting, we will be filling this position within the Americas (maximum four hour time difference from Pacific Time). We look forward to hearing from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Americas Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈