1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Program Manager is a customer-oriented role which leads and directs cross-capability engagements under limited supervision. The Program Manager acts as the primary leader overseeing the entire engagement in concert with Executive Service Directors, Senior Managers, and Capability VPs. The Program Manager is accountable to manage all delivery risk within the engagement and is responsible for ensuring the engagement, and all projects as part of the programmatic approach, are delivered as planned without delays or interruptions. Program Managers are expected to primarily operate at the project level and manage all risks to the engagement from an operational perspective, business perspective, and customer expectation perspective.
The Program Manager manages engagements from inception to completion, identifying and documenting requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of project and budget status, and managing issues to resolution. Program Managers are responsible for the project over the entire project life-cycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, project closeout). They are also responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Program Managers are expected to build trust and relationships with customers through the delivery of successful outcomes in alignment with Optiv’s commercial commitments.
The Program Manager is considered a proven authority in the Optiv Project Management Office (PMO). They are responsible for mentoring, training, and may have a team assigned to them that they must lead and develop. The Program Manager must have a broad and deep knowledge of the various Optiv practices, and possess expert-level knowledge of PMO processes and systems. They must have the ability to effectively lead difficult projects that span multiple practices and geographic areas. The Program Manager must also be an expert in providing consistent project status to the PMO and Practice leadership across the multiple projects.
The Program Manager oversees all project activity with key clients across Optiv practices and lines of business. The Program Manger often leads project managers in cross-practice and complex engagements and are integral in building relationships with their client counterparts or key points of contact. They also contribute to business development by identifying new opportunities and sharing this information with account leadership.
PRIMARY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Drive program and engagement progress across multiple capabilities, practices, communities, and stakeholders and levels of oversight with assurance on maintaining progress, timeliness, and effective resource utilization ensuring a minimum of 40hrs billed per week be each delivery resource.
- Develop strategic project delivery plans, detailed schedules, compensating project controls, cost forecasting, risk management, issues forecast and resolution planning, resource burn-rate analysis, forecasting, and reporting, and daily task management.
- Develop and lead service delivery strategies across multiple internal practices and departments.
- Accountable for the progress of the overall engagement and all related projects that may comprise the program or solutions
- Accountable for driving timelines by creating and maintaining schedules (including key deliverables, milestones, and dependencies), understanding the deliverables and the progress toward each milestone, identifying and managing issues, risks, and other potential delays ahead of time, and identifying and driving resolution of all engagement related risks and issues.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of customer-focused engagements ensuring uninterrupted progress or delays.
- Demonstrate expert-level of knowledge of Project Management best practices, process and supporting systems to drive the progress of a project.
- Use excellent communication and interpersonal skills to lead multiple internal and external project team members across the organization.
- Identify, forecast, manage, compensate, control and communicate risk management plans, issues and impacts across multiple levels of leadership and across diverse delivery communities and organizations.
- Develop and manage customer-focused quality metrics and forecasting strategies.
- Evaluate and track the project/program budget and perform cost/UoM forecasting as pertinent to the established tracking metrics.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Delivery Plan, in order to align the project stakeholders and ensure the customers goals and expectations are achieved.
- Assist in the development of Program Management business delivery strategies, program health analysis & internal reporting.
- Manage customer relationships and assist in leading the customer to reach their overall business goals.
- Provide and lead customer-focused strategic planning and collaboration meetings.
- Lead the composition of project delivery schedules, resource models and project plans and present to the customer.
- Facilitate mutual understanding meetings between the project delivery team and customer stakeholders to define the project delivery strategy, quality metrics, risk management plan and communication plan.
- Take proactive steps to protect Optiv’s best interests while simultaneously balancing the Customer expectations and project scope of work.
- Independently manage project delivery strategies from initial planning through project closure.
- Provides a single point of contact for our customers throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external project meetings and provide project status reports to project stakeholders.
- Communicate client concerns, questions and conflicts to internal stakeholders and take the necessary actions to resolve and/or troubleshoot challenges in a strategic manner.
- Facilitate internal project planning and status meetings. Assign tasks to project team members and ensure timely completion.
- Responsible for coordination and collaboration of project events, meetings, and technical resources.
- Generate and distribute project reports and lead project meetings to disseminate the appropriate information to the project team and project stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor and report on project budget, timelines and service deliverables.
- Review and lead clarification (as required) of project scope, captured in the services statement of work and working closely with the customer and internal scoping teams during initial project solution architecture.
- Analyze, report and disseminate project status reports to the PMO and Practice Leadership.
- Provide support across the PMO project portfolio to address at risk projects and escalations where necessary.
- Understand and be able to speak to Optiv’s portfolio and offerings in alignment with customer goals and objectives
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
- Perform other duties, as required.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a customer facing project/program delivery leadership role within a professional services organization, with emphasis on information security projects and programs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly preferred.
- CISM or CISSP certification preferred.
- Program Management expertise, specifically demonstrated success managing cross-capability engagements across multiple clients and disparate initiatives on a long term-basis.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong, project team and customer-focused project leadership capabilities.
- Management of information security projects required
- Expert level experience with Project Management methodologies, best practices, and toolsets required.
- Experience interfacing with both clients and partners required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
- Significant experience as a Consultant providing security expertise to clients preferred.
- Current knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools and network technologies strongly desired.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations ? Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈