Product Owner, Credit
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers. Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
What You’ll Do
To work as a product owner in one of the Credit/Lending squads, taking direction from the Product Manager and working closely with the Development Team to document and size stories, to then be developed by the team.
- Responsible for creating the overall sprint plan across a Program Increment
- Represents the end user and works with SME’s to understand requirements and co-create user stories and other required artefacts
- Establishes acceptance criteria for User stories
- Responsible for continuous prioritization of the team backlog and earliest delivery of value
- Responsible for leading the Sprint Planning session by directing prioritized user stories into the Sprint Backlog
- Supports and aligns with Product Manager to allow the creation of an effective Product Management team
- Establishes the overall goal for each sprint
- Make decision on options that can affect multiple users
- Communicating workstream progression to wider market and stakeholders in the form of sprint demos, to obtain ongoing feedback
- To understand the core technology platform capability and collaborate with developers in the best way to meet product objectives,
- Provides continuous feedback on development, accepting sprint outputs and user stories
- Strong understanding of lending and credit products and background knowledge in other areas of banking and financial services.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, especially within agile methodologies
- Experienced in the use of common business and systems analysis methodologies and modeling tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical, and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈