Product Owner: Behaviour Change and Transaction Apps
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Product Owner: Behaviour Change and Transaction Apps
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world's population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 25 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
In the last few months, Viamo has been experimenting with new products that allow our users not only to gather and share information, but also take action on the knowledge they have gained. For example, farmers in Nepal can now sell their crops through Viamo's platform; patients in Nigeria can book clinic appointments; and mothers in Madagascar can redeem vouchers for healthcare - all through their simple (non-smart) mobile phones.
Our vision is complete digital inclusion: for the 4B people who have access to a simple mobile phone - literate or not - to be able to conduct the same activities on their mobile phones as English-literate smartphone users: find answers to their questions, connect with friends and family, buy and sell products, book appointments, take classes, etc.
Viamo's Behavior Change and Transaction (BCT) Product creates value by allowing our mobile users to access the off-line products and services offered by our partners in all major social impact sectors: international development, healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, agriculture, consumer goods, etc.
The Product Owner's mandate is therefore to maximize the impact and grow the adoption of this product by: creating a long-term vision for this product, improving its functionality and usability, building a strong brand, upgrading its implementation process, and forging strategic partnerships with complementary organizations.
The Product Owner for the Behavior Change and Transaction Product will join a new team of Product Owners at Viamo. We are excited to create this team to provide more strategic direction to our offering and increase the impact and value created for our partners. At Viamo, the Product Owners are responsible for the creation and implementation of the product strategy. They work in collaboration with our team of Product Managers within the engineering team who are responsible for leading the product development work.
Some of the key activities of the Product Owner include:
- Empathize with Viamo's mobile users (our beneficiaries) to understand their needs to access the products and services offered by our clients: buying, selling, booking appointments, redeeming vouchers, etc.
- Empathize with Viamo's partners (our clients) to understand their priorities in engaging with the 4B people who have access to a simple (non-smart) phone. Viamo's partners include all large organizations working in emerging markets: international development agencies, healthcare providers, financial institutions, mobile network operators, agricultural input suppliers, etc.
- From these insights, and in collaboration with an internal product team, create a strategy and plan for our BCT product that includes:
- A technical roadmap with feature prioritization
- An impact measurement plan and associated dashboards (internal and external)
- A product marketing plan to create a unique brand for this product
- A go-to market plan for the successive launch of new features
- Work closely with all relevant Viamo departments (engineering, design, implementation, marketing, programs, partnerships and finance) to facilitate the execution of these plans.
- Strengthen the product's value proposition through negotiations with potential external strategic partners.
- Interpret the usage data, as well as client and user feedback, to refine the product strategy and plans.
- Work with the product team to develop a comprehensive product vision for Viamo.
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of mobile users transacting regularly on Viamo's platform: buying, selling, booking appointments, redeeming vouchers, etc.
- Monthly recurring revenue from the sale of the BCT product.
- NPS of clients of the BCT product.
- Viamo-wide shared empathy for the clients and users of the BCT product.
- Viamo-wide alignment for the vision and direction of the BCT product.
- Contribution to Viamo's cross-departmental product strategy.
Team and Reporting Structure
- You will be joining the new team of Product Owners, and report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- One of Viamo's 25 offices around the world, or anywhere with good internet.
- Demonstrated passion for Viamo's vision and mission
- At least 5 years of experience in a Product Owner or Product Manager role. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who have experience working with clients and users in emerging markets (especially Africa and South Asia),
- A track record of growing the usership and revenue of an enterprise product.
- Experience in behavior change psychology, marketing, mobile money, and/or continuum of care disciplines.
- Experience in a Saas or software platform company.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial role. This is a new product, a new position and a new team at a small social enterprise.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, co-design, workshop development, communication skills, and experience in a role with ‘leadership without authority'.
- Experience working in both a cross-functional, multi-cultural team environment and working autonomously to deliver on results with limited day-to-day oversight.
- Experience in a variety of Viamo's primary industries: international development, healthcare, financial services, telecommunications, agricultural value chains, etc.
- Multilingual abilities, especially French, are an asset.
- Bonus points if you can find a great new name for this product by the time of the interview!
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients' needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply before Jan 3rd 2021 with a CV and a short cover letter
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈